Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy Thursday morning...

Colonoscopy Thursday morning...

I'm so nervous!

I have a little box of Bipeglyte siting on my kitchen counter. Who knew such an unassuming box could be so intimidating lol.

Prep starts tomorrow, take my first dose at 12:00pm. My colonoscopy is at 9:30 Thursday morning.

I would just like to fast forward. I'm so hopeful that everything will look good.

Re: Colonoscopy Thursday morning...

Good luck, I remember when I had my sigmoidoscopy a few years ago it was quite interesting the cocktail (the stuff I was given tasted foul)

Thank you so much for your reply. This is my first "scope" of the bowels.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet...my GP suspects IBS and I tested positive for a parasite but there's a ton of literature arguing whether that particular parasite actually causes symptoms.

I'm trying to be positive. All I want to hear is that everything looks good. Things seem to be normal other than mucus mixed with my stool about once a week and I'm wiping more.

Anxiety is the worst!!

I had one 3 years ago. You will be ok. Good luck x

Thank you Andrea15. I hate when I get excited about seeing less mucus in my stool and of course as soon as I say it I jinx myself.

I'm just so nervous about things turning out badly (i.e. C word). The prep and procedure make me less nervous than the results themselves.

Just ate some green jello...not so exciting. At least I can have coffee albeit black coffee with nothing added to it.

You're welcome. The night before my scope my partner of 4 years said he would leave me because of my anxiety, unless they found a tumour! So I had that hanging over me during the procedure. I was beyond terrified as I was so convinced there was something in my bowel. I cried during the procedure and at every movement on the screen I was waiting to see the 'C' blockage. I was 100% convinced. It was over quickly, all fine apart from some diverticular disease, and I sobbed and sobbed. I had had over 6 months of fear and panic for nothing and I was furious with myself. I had over-analyzed (literally) every stool I passed (sorry if too much info!) I totally understand where you are coming from but I am sure you will be ok. If you are struggling later feel free to message me. I don't mind at all. Is someone going with you for the scope? Don"t arrive earlier than you need to as waiting longer will make you more anxious. Thinking of you
    Andrea

Thank you so much for your message. I'm sorry you had to go through all the added stress of your partner saying they would leave...that's really difficult especially when all you probably wanted was some support.

My husband is taking me which is good because he's not the anxious type. I am going to try not to go too early. Hard to believe its almost here.

I took 2 pills for the prep at 12:00pm eastern time (I'm in Ontario, Canada) and nothing has really happened yet...it's now 3:22pm eastern. I think it takes several hour for the "magic" to happen. I don't start drinking the actual liquid until 6:00pm plus one final pill.

Then I have to get up in the middle of the night to drink the next round of liquid. Should be fun lol.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Also, thank you so much for your offering to message you. Its really nice to talk to someone who understands...

All the best for tomorrow anxious848.

Glad you have good support from your husband. Makes a big difference, especially as he is not the anxious type. If only hey!? Would love to be able to say that about myself as I am sure you would. I had to administer my own enema as my prep which involved being something of a contortionist! The results were't that bad at all. At least you can stay off the green jello after tomorrow!

Thank you NoraB, I really appreciate it.

Andrea15...having my husbands support definitely helps. I cannot complain about that. And, the fact that he's not anxious can be good and bad. And eek, administering your own enema...that does NOT sound like fun at all!!!

So I'm drinking the liquid now...WOW is this stuff disgusting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information