Thread: Backdoor Spike?

Backdoor Spike?

So I've been dealing with awful sexual intrusive thoughts and lately the thoughts have been projecting onto other people. For example tonight, I was watching TV and I had a horrible awful disgusting intrusive sexual thought that involved two characters but not myself. There's was no anxiety and no guilt (I hate typing this) and for second it felt like I was going to laugh or smile about it and that's crazy to me. I've cried buckets and buckets over thoughts like this so why would I ever want to laugh about something I find so horrible? Am I losing it? I just can't seem to win.

Re: Backdoor Spike?

No it's just OCD, like it shows that you've kind of made yourself familiar with your fear and that you no longer start to fear it. For example, I used to be really scared to think about my fears, but now I just remember them and laugh.
    I am sure you will get through this and remember that this is one step forward.
    Just ignore them and understand that they are the same thoughts as before.

Re: Backdoor Spike?

I agree with Viking. I've wrote a load about what I have experienced in resolving mine in this thread which you could look at to see how I experienced changes:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ighlight=spike

Think about it from a different viewpoint too - when you are recovering, would you expect to be so badly triggered by them? If so, how could you ever recover at all?

Thread Information