Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who was scared of MS try and test themselves with the hot bath test?

Anyone who was scared of MS try and test themselves with the hot bath test?

Title says it all.

I had a bad day yesterday with a couple of panic attacks, and my wife told me to have an Epsom salt bath. I thought "hey I can test out one theory of the hot bath ms test", and I got a hot bath together, one that was hot enough to make me sweat a little and stayed in there for about 15 minutes or so.

I got out and did 10 push ups and then some squats without weight and I had no problems.

I feel like it did some good for me, but today at my desk my right foot seemed to have a bit of a pain for approx 2 minutes and it felt like it was asleep. i walked around and it left me, but I sort of feel like it could be a little numb but I cannot be sure. I was feeling pretty good up until this point.

Re: Anyone who was scared of MS try and test themselves with the hot bath test?

Could it not have been the result of the push ups and squats rather than a sign you have MS?

ISB

With the hot bath test, the results are immediate. After your body temperature returns to normal, whatever symptoms you might have in it go away. So if your foot felt weird the next day, it wouldn't have anything to do with the bath

never even heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    With the hot bath test, the results are immediate. After your body temperature returns to normal, whatever symptoms you might have in it go away. So if your foot felt weird the next day, it wouldn't have anything to do with the bath
    So I should feel pretty confident I don't have it then right?

I am so hyper sensitive to every little thing now

Everyone's going to be doing the hot bath test now

I got a raft of tests for an MS fear, and never once did a neurologist suggest a "hot bath test". If it was that easy I'm sure they would!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Lister View Post

I am so hyper sensitive to every little thing now
    This I think is the real problem and totally normal.

Have you looked at CBT either therapy or free on line to help you rationalise your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Everyone's going to be doing the hot bath test now
    Hey, we could have a NMP sauna day!

You'll work out who I am, I'll be the one without the towel!

I once saw a woman in a store standing in the aisle and hopping on one leg and then the other. I would have thought she was a loony but I've read on the boards that people self test themselves for ALS that way... So she wasn't a loony, she was an HA sufferer self testing.

Self testing and doing these sorts of things especially as a medical layman will only lead to feeding the beast and allowing the anxiety and fear to maintain it's dominance over your life.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information