Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone who was scared of MS try and test themselves with the hot bath test?

Re: Anyone who was scared of MS try and test themselves with the hot bath test?

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    This I think is the real problem and totally normal.

Have you looked at CBT either therapy or free on line to help you rationalise your thoughts?
    No I have not. I don't know where I can online. My health insurance won't cover anymore visits to counseling.

Moodgym and Living Life to the full. Both online CBT resources

Those are both excellent websites, there are also ones very much geared to HA which unfortunately I cant bring to mind atm. Perhaps someone else will have the links handy.

There is lots of free on line resource available but it still requires a degree of motivation to concentrate and work through them.

Perhaps your wife would be happy to be involved. It would also help if she knew how to deal with issues as they arise.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    I got a raft of tests for an MS fear, and never once did a neurologist suggest a "hot bath test". If it was that easy I'm sure they would!
    It was used in the 60's as the primary test to test for MS. It's not used now anywhere.
    It's not very accurate either

Quote Originally Posted by Mercime View Post
    Moodgym and Living Life to the full. Both online CBT resources
    Thanks, I just completed the first module from MoodGym.

You'll be flashing your six pack then Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    You'll be flashing your six pack then Terry
    Of course...

...who wouldn't want to get their hands on them?

I've tried something similar and my leg got worse...problem is that you can't know if it's anxiety or MS. I have about 5 years with this leg issue and it's not going away, but not getting worse either...check it out here.

As everyone will suggest, it's not good to test yourself.

Yea, I have realized this.

I think I have moved on from this MS stuff. This site has been excellent in helping me. I still feel off balance, but the cigarette smell has been getting less and less. I haven't smelled it at all today, except for now that I am writing this post. I do feel like I have some foggy brain too, but I am chalking it up to anxiety.

I mean after all, from what I have read, I would know if I had MS because I would be having some serious issues with vision like blindness, or double vision, and I would have weakness in a limb, and I do not have this.

I started the MoodGym CBT program yesterday, and it is helping a lot. I realized that I am a black or white guy, and one who always rushes to the worst case scenario in everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information