Thread: Hallucinations??

Question Hallucinations??

I've just switched to sertraline after about three years on escitalopram because I was having intense suicidal thoughts. I was on 50mg for three weeks and have just gone up to 100 three days ago, and have spent the morning so far watching ornaments wandering around the house. The walls and floor and ceiling are moving and my head is full of crickets, and it's a bit scary.. has anyone else had anything like this?

I told the doctor and he said it's an anxiety thing not a side effect but I'm not really convinced!

Re: Hallucinations??

I'm so glad I found this post - Stupid me hadn't realised there was a medication thread.

I started Sertraline on Wednesday and that night I was having closed eye hallucinations and I was completely unable to sleep; The same happened on Thursday night, seeing weird things when I closed my eyes and laying awake all night.

I was pretty concerned but it seems it is the Sertraline (as confirmed by Google and a number of people on this forum). I went and spoke to a pharmacist yesterday evening just for extra clarification and she also was of the opinion that it was the Sertraline.

You're OK, it's definitely the Sertraline.

Thread Information