Thread: need encouragement

need encouragement

I've been on zoloft for about 8 weeks....

3 weeks starting on 25mg, then 3 weeks 50 mg, and then about 14 days on 75mg.... this past week i've felt super anxious and like I'm not a real person... I don't know if this is just because I increased my dose or anxiety-- does anyone have any thoughts?? will this get better??

Re: need encouragement

Hi Lucy,

sorry to see no one has replied - don't think that no one cares, it's probably no one knew how to reply to you!

I found sertraline to be a slow burner - it took quite some time for it to start working, but when it did start working, it was amazing. I'm about 18 months in now, and really quite good and stable

Let us know how you are getting on! x

Hi Lucy I am not on any medications but yes it could be a change of doseage that has made things like they are you perhaps should either give it more time or see your Dr if things don't change Please let us know how you get on!

Don't know if Lucy is still checking her thread, and I hope she is feeling better by this stage. I had a very hard time starting up on sertraline. Ten months later and I'm still on it and doing well. It does get better.

Let me just say, I had good and bad days when I first started Sertraline. I was a total wreck this time last year and I'm so glad I stuck it out. I'd say, it took about 6 months for me to feel some sort of relief and I'm at 100mg. Please stick it out, it takes awhile for a lot of people

I haven't been on here for 2 years now. Things have gotten insanely better for me and to be honest, I forgot about my little community here. It's insane to see where I am at now as compared to the past. I am now living on my own, have a pretty decent job, and an ok social life. Depression and anxiety occasionally seep in from time to time but I am become a master of handling it.

I absolutely thank every single person who has read my threads and helped me get through this. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. If you need anything, reach out to me for help and support.

Wishing you all the absolute best

Thread Information