Thread: Hello

Hello

I'm Mai. You probably can't read my username but just means "music." Nothing special, though it is something very important to me.

I've had anxiety problems for most of life (I was on antidepressants as a child, and when I got off them at around age 10 or 11 anxiety decided to rule my life henceforth). I got into a position where I could handle all my anxieties for a long time, even managed to get through University+College!

But in the past few years my anxiety has become strong again. Strong enough that I suffered a day-long panic attack that ended only after a visit to the ED. Now I'm in weekly therapy awaiting an appointment with a psychiatrist (why does it take so long to get in to a psychiatrist??). My therapist suggested I look into online forums for people who have similar problems to me (mostly the anxiety and panic attacks, but hopefully also the ASD, and possible ADD and PTSD) for more suggestions I can try to lessen these symptoms, and to have a place filled with people who understand, where I don't have to try to be normal all the time. Where it's okay to be a wreck. This place seemed like the best forum of the few I took a close look at, so here I am, hello.

Hopefully I won't chicken out of posting more, but we'll see. I can be very shy on top of my anxieties, so...
    Last edited by 音楽; 04-11-16 at 16:03. Reason: clarification

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya 音楽 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello

Hi Mai!
    I'm Michele.

I found this site due to the same need. A place where i can identify and get perspective on the situation.

PM me if u ever wanna chat.
    M x

Thread Information