Thread: Burning sensation

Burning sensation

Hi,
    My anxiety made a bit of a come back after my cancer came back. So I saw my Doctor and he prescribed Citalopram. I thought he said start on 10mg then every week up the dosage by 10mg until I get to 40 mg. The first 2 days I just took 10mg and on the 3rd day (Yesterday) my wife said no I had to start on 20mg so I checked and she was correct so I took 20mg on day 3 (yesterday). I started having a bit of a burning sensation on my arms and shoulders and ended up at the hospital last night with an anxiety attack. I also started taking some herbal tea yesterday as well. The hospital said that the Citalopram shouldn't be giving me the burning sensation so don't take the herbal tea any more. So I was wondering if anyone else has had a burning sensation on Citalopram. As the burning sensation is still happening. I think I'll miss today's Citalopram and go back to 10mg for the first week then slowly increase the dosage, once I check with my doctor on Monday.

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: Burning sensation

Hi Paul,

Sorry your going through a hard time at the moment with this and your health. Depends what you mean by burning sensation. I know I come over very hot and like I am burning up suddenly at times. This is either the citalopram or when I am particularly anxious. Usually this starts a panic off as I worry about the feeling. It's not nice.
    I am currently on day 12 of 20mg after 7 days of 10mg. I think you are right to go back to 10mg for a bit longer to give it a chance to get in your system before upping to 20mg. That was probably a bit sudden for your body.

Maxine

Thread Information