Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: About to start Citalopram 20mg

Re: About to start Citalopram 20mg

Thank you for your reply London.
    It's good see how it works differently for people.

Deep down I know it won't 'cure' me and I know only I can do that but whilst I feel at the end of the road I need something to help pick me up and give me the confidence to get through my anxiety.
    I'm not looking for a permanent fix I'm looking for some relief for now.
    The fix will come when I can tackle it with a more stable mind.

well what is it that's bothering you, if you're looking for a med to help the one they've given you won't citalopram and escitalopram are the same drug.i i quote
    Anxiety disorder[edit]
    There may be a significant improvement in GAD symptoms as early as the first week and the majority of patients respond by week eight with a significant improvement in functioning.[13] It also seems effective in the long-term, with relapse on escitalopram....(20%) less than placebo (50%)....

Escitalopram and citalopram appear equally effective in panic disorder.[15]
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's the fear of being so low that bothers me.
    The feeling of being out of control in myself. Not knowing from day to day if I'm going to be in floods of tears and not able to cope with everyday tasks.
    In the past I had a awful time but I managed to get through it without Meds. Et this time I can't seem to rationalise and make a push to move forward which makes me feel like I'm at a worse place than I was before?

what is making you feel this way, their is always a reason, and this if it's a temporary low like before, it will be worse than before...and it will go like before, in time, and then come back worse until you get whatever it is out of your head, is it someone, is it a fear of something, is it something that happened, and whatever it is face it. or you will end up like me, and trust me you don't want that..you'd better off dead because that's just how i feel.
    Last edited by L-o-n-d-o-n; 05-11-16 at 13:26. Reason: miss wording

Not really helping is it saying things like that.

Thanks for your input but I think I'll end the conversation here

running doesn't help, face your fear, or your fear will eat you alive. just like it has me.

Hi London. Firstly, I want to say that the advice you have given to Twirly is absolutely deplorable. On here, we support each other, not scare the bejesus out of each other. How do you know that this medication isn't going to work for her? Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it's not for everyone. I haven't taken this medication before, but I have taken Sertraline. I was an absolute wreck before I took it and after I got it in my system, I was able to function 'normally' for at least ten years. I know lots of girls on here that have taken this medication for anxiety and it has helped them. Have you ever heard of the saying if you don't have anything nice to say then, don't say it at all??? If you think that medication won't work then maybe offer some encouraging advise about therapy. I usually wouldn't say anything, but it really pisses me off when just because medication hasn't worked for you, you try and scare people into not taking it. I have taken medication, that hasn't agreed with me, but I don't scare people into not taking it. I'm honest and say I couldn't tolerate it, but it may work for you. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND WHAT WORKS FOR SOME DOESN'T FOR OTHERS AND VICE VERSA.

Twirly, please don't be put off by Londons comments, ultimately it is your choice and you will make your own decision. xx

Hey twirlywoo! I'm currently on Citalopram. I started taking Citalopram after my first born, I was super depressed and my anxiety was the worst it had ever been, I couldn't breathe and couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. When i first started taking Citalopram, I had some awful side effects for 2 weeks (increased anxiety, panic attacks, weird vision) but after sticking to it for them ruff 2 weeks I got so much better! I carried on taking them for 9 months and came off them for a month! As soon as I came off them, my mood started getting low again. I'm now currently back on them & have been on them for 3 weeks... I feel a improvement, but this time it's taking a while longer to get the full effects don't be scared to take your medication, it's there to help you! It may take a while to kick in.. But in the long run its so worth it!

how do i know they won't work...mermaid16 because they are a type of placebo med a mild stimulant, you would know this if you have taken them and then say something you're given at a hospital, one has very little affect (if at all) and the other i am not trying to scare her into not taking them i have not put anything like that you need to read up better..all i have told her is that they don't work and running from your fear doesn't help, so the truth...she knows this by p.m

Quote Originally Posted by L-o-n-d-o-n View Post
    how do i know they won't work...mermaid16 because they are a type of placebo med a mild stimulant, you would know this if you have taken them and then say something you're given at a hospital, one has very little affect (if at all) and the other i am not trying to scare her into not taking them i have not put anything like that you need to read up better..all i have told her is that they don't work and running from your fear doesn't help, so the truth...she knows this by p.m
    Seriously, what is with all the double Dutch talk??? If you have something to say then spit it out! You keep going on about this 'miracle pill?' you got in hospital. Well what is it? By the way, I have taken Sertraline which I'm guessing is also a placebo and mild stimulant? I think the difference here might be that the medications we are talking about are for anxiety and depression, not for any other type of mental illness. I will not be wasting anymore time responding to you. You have your opinion, I have mine. The OP will make her own educated decision regarding the medication.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information