Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: About to start Citalopram 20mg

Re: About to start Citalopram 20mg

Welcome to the site, hope everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid16 View Post
    Seriously, what is with all the double Dutch talk??? If you have something to say then spit it out! You keep going on about this 'miracle pill?' you got in hospital. Well what is it? By the way, I have taken Sertraline which I'm guessing is also a placebo and mild stimulant? I think the difference here might be that the medications we are talking about are for anxiety and depression, not for any other type of mental illness. I will not be wasting anymore time responding to you. You have your opinion, I have mine. The OP will make her own educated decision regarding the medication.
    i can see you know only two thing's " jack and s..t " sertraline " heavy breather " i was not talking to you to start with big nose..."double Dutch" that'd be English..and the truth.

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

ι ѕee a red door and ι wanт ιт paιnтed вlacĸ
    no colorѕ anyмore ι wanт тнeм тo тυrn вlacĸ
    ι ѕee тнe gιrlѕ walĸ вy dreѕѕed ιn тнeιr ѕυммer cloтнeѕ
    ι нave тo тυrn мy нead υnтιl мy darĸneѕѕ goeѕ

ι ѕee a lιne oғ carѕ and тнey're all paιnтed вlacĸ
    wιтн ғlowerѕ and мy love вoтн never тo coмe вacĸ
    ι ѕee people тυrn тнeιr нeadѕ and qυιcĸly looĸ away
    lιĸe a new вorn вaвy ιт jυѕт нappenѕ every day

ι looĸ ιnѕιde мyѕelғ and ѕee мy нearт ιѕ вlacĸ
    ι ѕee мy red door and мυѕт нave ιт paιnтed вlacĸ
    мayвe тнen ι'll ғade away and noт нave тo ғace тнe ғacтѕ
    ιт'ѕ noт eaѕy ғacιn' υp wнen yoυr wнole world ιѕ вlacĸ

no мore wιll мy green ѕea go тυrn a deeper вlυe
    ι coυld noт ғoreѕee тнιѕ тнιng нappenιng тo yoυ
    ιғ ι looĸ нard enoυgн ιnтo тнe ѕeттιn' ѕυn
    мy love wιll laυgн wιтн мe вeғore тнe мornιn' coмeѕ

ι ѕee a red door and ι wanт ιт paιnтed вlacĸ
    no colorѕ anyмore ι wanт тнeм тo тυrn вlacĸ
    ι ѕee тнe gιrlѕ walĸ вy dreѕѕed ιn тнeιr ѕυммer cloтнeѕ
    ι нave тo тυrn мy нead υnтιl мy darĸneѕѕ goeѕ, нмм, нмм, нмм

ι wanna ѕee yoυr ғace, paιnтed вlacĸ
    вlacĸ aѕ nιgнт, вlacĸ aѕ coal
    ι wanna ѕee тнe ѕυn вloттed oυт ғroм тнe ѕĸy
    ι wanna ѕee ιт paιnтed, paιnтed, paιnтed, paιnтed вlacĸ...

" Mods this helps my mind " i mean no harm....

Ok! your really not helping anyone London, we try help each other not make things worse

Hello... Hummz, okay

Quote Originally Posted by L-o-n-d-o-n View Post
    citalopram, doesn't do anything apart from lift your mood, and that can take upto 4 weeks to even feel a difference in your self if at all, i was given them didn't help so they gave me escitalopram i was on them for a long time and had problems sleeping and my delusions became worse ( wasn't helping ) so i told the psychologist i was under and she told me thy'er a type of speed (both types) i thought that strange to give something like that to someone with a anxiety disorder but she told me nothing you can do for anxiety only (you can by learning to mentally treat yourself with better thinking, so after that i got myself off them and well i got some dizziness and a headache that lasted for oh about a week or two and i have never took anything else again because they don't work well not for me anyways and i have had a lot of meds, i have found only the ones they give you at hospital work and that is coming from someone who is diagnosed with clinical depression, had more than one trip to the lock up for that from me been 12 years old...with extreme anxiety disorder also agoraphobic, been out the house only three times in 12 years all three was for the doc's...i have crippling ocd, really that is really bad i cannot even watch some tv channels and all they say is (we don't know what to do, what do you think we should do london i laugh
    Science says otherwise. If Cit & Escit are, I presume you believe all SSRI's are? How about SNRI's? How about tricyclic's? Maybe they lied to you?

If you wanted to take a stimulant you would be bang out of luck taking SSRI's.

Nothing like amphetamines. Taking a stimulant when you're CNS is too stimulated is not really a good idea. 20 cups of coffee and the next hour running round the room in circles with your heart pounding out of your chest tends not to work well for anxiety sufferers.

NMP is a moderate forum when it comes to meds, if you are looking for scaremonger anxiety forums, you're in the wrong place...

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

i can see you know only two thing's " jack and s..t " sertraline " heavy breather " i was not talking to you to start with big nose..."double Dutch" that'd be English..and the truth.
    So, a bit like the "fck" and "all" you seem to know about Cit & Escit then? I can do silly comments too. Seriously, why the reaction? We all mostly get on well on here, if you treat other people in a friendly manner you will make friends on here and get lost of support but if you act like this, very quickly you will find no one will help.

It's best to give people reliable information, we tend to leave the BS about meds off NMP.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

well what is it that's bothering you, if you're looking for a med to help the one they've given you won't citalopram and escitalopram are the same drug.i i quote
    Anxiety disorder[edit]
    There may be a significant improvement in GAD symptoms as early as the first week and the majority of patients respond by week eight with a significant improvement in functioning.[13] It also seems effective in the long-term, with relapse on escitalopram....(20%) less than placebo (50%)....

Escitalopram and citalopram appear equally effective in panic disorder.[15]
    Slightly different drugs. Just because something is a SSRI class doesn't make it the same. Some people switch from Cit when it stops working to any in the SSRI class and find it works. We have had plenty of people on here who have done that with success. Some people work through loads in the SSRI class and nothing helps.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 06-11-16 at 10:12.

To the OP

I would ignore London's advice as much off what he has said contains no medical facts whatsoever.

Elen

i think you should stop reading wiki terry and yeah i do know they don't work i was told by a psychologist they are a placebo, took them myself too so trust it or not it's very true, that's why they take upto 4weeks to start to work..that's about the time people start to recover from a low lets say anyways...but hey enjoy your mild stimulants....

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

amphetamine a very small amount to lift a persons mood they have in them terry so yeah speed she told me sorry to pop your bubble doctor

i think you should stop reading wiki terry and yeah i do know they don't work i was told by a psychologist they are a placebo, took them myself too so trust it or not it's very true, that's why they take upto 4weeks to start to work..that's about the time people start to recover from a low lets say anyways...but hey enjoy your mild stimulants....

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

amphetamine a very small amount to lift a persons mood they have in them terry so yeah speed she told me sorry to pop your bubble doctor
    What a load of rot. Generalising, narrow minded, uninformed and alarmist. If you're going to post these kinds of statements, let's see some objective and balanced evidence which is more substantial than 'a psychologist said so'. If you're that gullible, I'd think twice before posting.

My niece told me the tooth fairy left her £5 last week. It must be true..

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

so a psychologist, a doctor something you and no one on this site is is wrong then ? shut up...and mind your own business, you stupid hypercondriac go check that mole again.....

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

seeing has people on here just love to be the copy paste doctor "script kidy" has they'er are known...here you go seeing has you don't trust me and a phd doctor http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/07...ion/28117.html

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

how the truth hurts..hope you all feel better after that citalopram pill

so a psychologist, a doctor something you and no one on this site is is wrong then ? shut up...and mind your own business, you stupid hypercondriac go check that mole again.....

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

seeing has people on here just love to be the copy paste doctor "script kidy" has they'er are known...here you go seeing has you don't trust me and a phd doctor http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/07...ion/28117.html
    Just the response I anticipated which demonstrates a complete lack of humanity, compassion and intelligence. Shame on you. You have no idea what I might be going through, not to mention our other members.

Also, remember that I said evidence which is balanced and objective, not one person's opinion. Perhaps you don't understand this and only like to read what you want to believe. Many people do.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information