Thread: I feel aaarrrggghhhhhhh sick!!!

I feel aaarrrggghhhhhhh sick!!!

Hi

This morning I have taken my first 50mg tablet of Sertraline.

It is now afternoon and I feel sick and my bowels are rumbling (sorry TMI).

Im really scared that Im going to feel worse tomorrow and the next day, etc.

This is the 3rd lot of meds Ive been given. I stopped taking the other 2 as I seemed to be getting all the side effects (which my GP said was just in my head, there is a special word for it, but I cant remember)!

Should I try taking 25mg instead for a week and see how I go?

How long do side effects generally last until your body is used to the new meds.

Thanks - Liz xx

Re: I feel aaarrrggghhhhhhh sick!!!

Liz

Can't offer much advice as I can't tolerate meds very well.

I was supposed to take some anti-biotics 3 weeks ago and they are still sat on the side cos I daren't take them!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Lizzie

I read your other thread which said you were advised to take the medication with breakfast. Did you have anything to eat when you took it?

Side effects can last anything from a few days to a couple of weeks but usually diminish gradually over that time.

Try to stick with it if you can. Ginger is supposed to be good for nausea. If you haven't eaten perhaps try something small like a slice of toast, biscuit or some yoghurt.

I hope the side effects wear off. When I last took antidepressants the nausea gradually reduced after a few days.

Karen x

Hi Liz,
    My medication makes me very nauseous as well if i change the dosage (and it did when i started) side effect are supposed to wear off after a few days-two weeks if they dont talk to your doctor. Mine gave me an anti-nausea med that helped loads.

HI, my GP and my Psych both recommended starting out for 2 weeks on 25 to reduce side effects. I have been on sertraline 3 or 4 times. On it again now. And everytime I start at 25 before going to 50. It does effect your tummy, but it goes away after 2 or 3 weeks. Just bear with it. There are a couple of other side effects that i get, but i dont want to get into them since you say you have a problem with getting something in your head and then believeing that you feel that way (i do that too). Just feel free to PM me anytime.
    Sertraline has been a lifesaver for me many many times!!!!!

Thread Information