Thread: Invega?

Invega?

After seeing a psychiatrist for the first time I was recently put on 150mg of Zoloft and 3mg of a drug called Invega... (used to treat schizophrenia and manic obsessive thoughts... of which I have the later). I was wondering if anyone else was on this drug Invega and if anyone experiences any side effects?

Thanks,
    Adam

Re: Invega?

Hi Adam

Im not familiar with the drug Invega, but heres a link that may help.

http://www.drugs.com/invega.html

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi Adam

Did a search but no other posts about it on here I am afraid.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Like you i'm taking invega. I was on 3mg and was switched to 6 in november. It seems not only an i bi polar i'm suffering from SAD.

Right now i'm beginging to wonder if i'm on the right meds. I still feel awful, in fact I think worse. I'm having anxiety/painc attacks like mad and i'm unable to get any sleep. I'm going to the doc tomorrow and going to question the medication i'm on and see about something different. The reason I was put on this bed is because i was having anxiety/panic issues and neverousness, i couldnt sit still. It did help at first but as of late things are getting bad again. i'm hoping to get something that will help me relax, take the edge off so that i can sleep and just draw a blank of you know what i mean. Today has been a bad day for me and having something that would slow down the anxiety would have been nice.

The only side effect that i had when i first started on this med was heartburn. I didnt have issues sleeping that is only recent.In fact it seemed like this invega would knock me out so i had to watch what time I took it.( I currently take it at night before going to bed)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamJLeigh View Post
    After seeing a psychiatrist for the first time I was recently put on 150mg of Zoloft and 3mg of a drug called Invega... (used to treat schizophrenia and manic obsessive thoughts... of which I have the later). I was wondering if anyone else was on this drug Invega and if anyone experiences any side effects?

Thanks,
    Adam

I guess when i started on this i was in a manic state. After being on this med i went into depression. I'm not sure if it was the med or all the things in my life. I went for months in this depression state and until about 3 weeks ago i i'm now into a manic state again. I'm concerned about my health and my family never mind my state of mind. My relationship has since suffered and i'm not dealing with that. but I think when my family doc is back from holidays i'm going to see about another referral to get another option. Idont want to see myself depressed again... it was bad. and its not until now i can look back and cry and wonder wth happened to me. i'm still taking the same med and so far so good but I think its still good to have another opinion.I'm scared to lay down or sit still for any length of time for fear i'm going to slip back into depression. I totally feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with it, its not a good place to be.

Thread Information