Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA assessment on Thursday

ESA assessment on Thursday

I wasn't too worried until today but I've just realised that when you request a mandatory reconsideration you do not actually get paid during this time

I didn't know this and assumed I'd still get the assessment rate. I'm now really worried. I know I will never be left without food as my relatives wouldn't allow that, but I also know people wouldn't be willing to buy me new shoes etc or my makeup (which I know isn't an essential but it is when you have BDD and acne).

I feel ill and more so as from what I've read (on Google) most people appear to be deemed fit for work and then have to go through reconsideration then appeal. I appear quite confident in a 1 on 1 setting but as those closest to me will agree I am anything but. I'm dreading it now. I also have only one more therapy session left which is the day after my assessment so if I have to appeal or anything I'll have nowhere to turn.

I still get child benefit and child tax credits as I have a child under 16, but I've worked out after my weekly bills I'll have only £30 left and that doesn't take into account the extra heating costs now the cold weather is coming. £30 will be a push for food for 2 people never mind toiletries etc and it's Christmas very soon too.

I know I shouldn't worry as I may be lucky and get approval but from what I've read that's very unlikely. I also can't take anybody in the room with me as I can't speak about issues with others there (I won't even take anybody in my GP appointments) so I'm worried they'll misconstrue my words

Re: ESA assessment on Thursday

I hate seeing people like this because I've been through this myself. Found " Fit for work" with agoraphobia. I won the appeal in the end but it puts an enormous amount of stress on you and sends your anxiety through the roof .!
    Try get as much supporting evidence from your doctor and therapist, letters etc take all medication with you as well
    They told me to go make a claim for JSA until my appeal was lodged and then paid me at the reduced rate
    I never put a claim in for jsa because obviously I would of been signing on the dotted line declaring I'm fit for work when I certainly wasn't. Try to get those supporting letters to take with you , it will all go in your favour

Antonio.

Thank you for replying Antonio. It's an absolute nightmare we have to do this. You read loads that people have been declared fit for work only to win their appeal. It's pretty obvious they are declaring people fit when they shouldn't be.

I don't have any supporting evidence to take with me unfortunately and it'd take me 2 weeks to get another GP appointment and I'm not at therapy until Friday. I don't take any medication either so I'll just have myself for evidence.

I hope everything goes well for you in that case . It's a shame that we have to fight our way through it like this.
    Good luck with it , I'm not sure what stage youre at right now ? Mandatory reconsideration or appeal ?? If its MR and they don't change the decision then you can get the letters from GP etc .You can also send your MP an email and he/she will be on their back.
    Don't give up though because that's exactly what they want

Antonio

Thank you again. This is just my first assessment. The only downside to a letter from a GP is that if I lose my ESA I wouldn't in any way be able to afford to pay for one.

I won't give up as you are probably right, that is what they want. However emailing people and gathering evidence in itself makes me feel like just giving up. I hate contacting people. It makes me feel horrible beyond words. But I guess it's either that or struggle with money, which isn't really an option as I have a child to provide for (again, I do still get some money and my partner helps me with some bills too, but I'd still only be left with around £30 a week for clothes, food, toiletries, cat litter etc). I'm actually dreading it now as I've read it's points based and Googled the criteria and not sure I'd reach 15 points. It wouldn't be so bad if I could claim JSA in the meantime but what's the point if I'd just get sanctioned from the get go

Had my assessment today. Ended up waiting in the waiting room for 46 minutes. I was told I was next when I arrived at 9.30. It didn't seem too bad, the person who did it was pretty poker faced. She asked what physical symptoms I get from depression and I said none. Forgot to mention I feel tired nearly all the time and have neck pain (which admittedly is from slouching but the slouching does come from me feeling like I need to 'hide' myself). I also get massive urges to binge eat but not sure if that's classed as a physical symptom of depression.

I'm a little nervous about the outcome but I obviously can't change that (at the moment) so am going to try to forget it until that dreaded letter comes through the post. Wish they hadn't decided to assess me right when the cold weather has come in though and I need winter boots etc. Oh well.

Well all I can say is good luck with the outcome.
    All the best with it
    Antonio

Got a phonecall, I'm apparently fit for work. I scored 0 points what a joke.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Just applied for JSA as instructed. Man on phone was very helpful. My claim will be fast tracked.

I'm so, so angry that it's happened at this time of the year though. Less than 4 week til Christmas. Very cold so I've constantly got fire on. The zip on my coat keeps riding down too, looks like I'll have to put up with it for the time being.

I'm also dreading the potential possibility of having to ask my GP for help with evidence etc. I hate asking people for things, won't even ask relatives for lifts etc, I'd rather get soaked.

It's fine if I don't get sanctioned for not looking for work, but if I do, then I'll be screwed. Although he did say reconsideration should only take 10 working days once I've got my letter. Then with the appeal I think I get assessment rate of ESA. What a farce.

Disgusting KeeKee.
    If you can walk and talk, then the system says you can work.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Got a phonecall, I'm apparently fit for work. I scored 0 points what a joke.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Just applied for JSA as instructed. Man on phone was very helpful. My claim will be fast tracked.

I'm so, so angry that it's happened at this time of the year though. Less than 4 week til Christmas. Very cold so I've constantly got fire on. The zip on my coat keeps riding down too, looks like I'll have to put up with it for the time being.

I'm also dreading the potential possibility of having to ask my GP for help with evidence etc. I hate asking people for things, won't even ask relatives for lifts etc, I'd rather get soaked.

It's fine if I don't get sanctioned for not looking for work, but if I do, then I'll be screwed. Although he did say reconsideration should only take 10 working days once I've got my letter. Then with the appeal I think I get assessment rate of ESA. What a farce.
    You've done the right thing. I'm the same about asking the doctor's ect, but i was surprised how helpful mine were.

At the end of the day you have to do what you feel is best for you, don't hold back and regret it make sure you do the appeal and ask the doctor for any supporting evidence.
    I've heard they usually declare people fit for work first time, but yes you don't need the stress this time of the year especially. xX
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information