Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA assessment on Thursday

Re: ESA assessment on Thursday

Thank you both for replying. I'll go to the GP soon and ask for advice. Do I just directly say that I need evidence to support my claim? I feel so embarrassed just thinking about it.

Time now to pull all the stops out KeeKee . Like you say , you can't do anything till you get the letter from the DWP to start the mandatory reconsideration process but you can start preparing for it . Look on fight4justice and there's stacks of free advice and how to go about it and what to write . Tell your GP it's increasing your anxiety and now the pressure of having to attend the job centre and look for work, you feel would be detrimental to your anxiety state . The DWP can be pretty nasty towards mental health sufferers and as stated above "if you can walk and talk " you're fit for work. Lots of help on that website
    Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Thank you both for replying. I'll go to the GP soon and ask for advice. Do I just directly say that I need evidence to support my claim? I feel so embarrassed just thinking about it.
    Yes pretty much, i know it can feel embarrassing but it shouldn't be, if this was something physical that you could see you wouldn't be embarrassed to ask.
    They would have had this situation many times, just explain that it's already made you worse and you're scared of the affect it's going to have on you. Say they asked for supporting evidence but i didn't have any is there anything you could provide something yo help me with my case. X
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Thank you both.

I've looked on that website Antonio I'll keep looking on until I learn a bit more. I've also looked at their Facebook page.
    I'm going to make an appointment with my GP asap although there is nearly always a 2 week wait.

KatiePink you are so right in regards to whether it's a physical illness. In fact (whilst not an illness) whenever I go to the doctors about my skin I never feel embarrassed or like I'm wasting their time. Yet when I go about my MH, I do.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

How about things such as referrals to therapy, would they be any good as evidence? Or a letter from my partner? Whilst I'm not entirely to blame my mental health issues are a part of the reason we can't live together. When I'm down (which is pretty much constant) I get really snappy and holding a conversation is pretty much impossible

Thank you both.

I've looked on that website Antonio I'll keep looking on until I learn a bit more. I've also looked at their Facebook page.
    I'm going to make an appointment with my GP asap although there is nearly always a 2 week wait.

KatiePink you are so right in regards to whether it's a physical illness. In fact (whilst not an illness) whenever I go to the doctors about my skin I never feel embarrassed or like I'm wasting their time. Yet when I go about my MH, I do.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

How about things such as referrals to therapy, would they be any good as evidence? Or a letter from my partner? Whilst I'm not entirely to blame my mental health issues are a part of the reason we can't live together. When I'm down (which is pretty much constant) I get really snappy and holding a conversation is pretty much impossible
    Yes therapy referrals can be used, i know i used that for my employer when on long term sick, it just shows that you are being treated in some way. I'm not sure about the relationship thing, but definitely ask your doctor they should help you out x
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Ok I'll make an appointment with my GP and discuss it then.

Ok I'll make an appointment with my GP and discuss it then.
    Definitely! A two week wait is very long though? We get in within 48 hours here, when we request a certain GP though can take upto a week.

Yes it's because I always go to the same GP. Last time I went to a different one he said he couldn't class me as unfit for work because he didn't know me (although a quick look at my medical records should have sufficed in my opinion). The other GP's at this surgery aren't very helpful.

Don't forget Kee , you'll only have one month from the date of the letter to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and make sure it's sent recorded delivery when putting it in writing. I think if you have good reason , you can ask for it to be extended by 14 days

Antonio

No problem Antonio I'll ensure I do all of that. You have been most helpful

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information