Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA assessment on Thursday

Re: ESA assessment on Thursday

Hi again, I was asked to ring back today to see if they have received my report from the Doctor. At the same time , I asked again about the JSA extended period of sickness and she said yes " You're now able to apply for 14 weeks extended (it used to be 2 weeks) so either they were being awkward or because he or she doesn't know when you made enquiries regarding this.

They haven't been given my report as yet ,although they can see on the system that the decision maker has liased with Doctor and it says "prognosis 18 months"

As the final report hasn't been done, I wont know which group of ESA I've been put in . Of course, its the decision maker who has the final say on the length of award, and which group.
    Its not definite yet but at least I know the Doctor hasn't given me a bad report and hopefully I will be placed in a group. I don't think they would put prognosis 18 months and find me fit for work.
    I will relax a bit more when they ring or notify me in writing

I would raise the extended period of sickness again with them , and also if you google it will confirm this

I hope they sort it out for you soon Antonio then that's one less thing you need to worry about.

Thank you for replying I will definitely mention that period of sickness at my appointment on Thursday. I wonder if I should request a fit note from my GP on the morning just in case.

I would definitely request one Kee. Remember that they change the system every 5 mins and I find each telephone adviser gives you a different story half the time as to whats going on.My guess is the person you spoke to wasn't clued up re : the extended period of sickness.
    Good luck with it and keep us posted
    Antonio
    Last edited by Antonio2301; 05-12-16 at 15:44.

You are right she probably wasn't clued up. Hopefully I can do that then I won't have to worry about sanctions etc. Thanks again I'll post again on Thursday after my appointment.

Fingers crossed for you it all goes well

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Infact, I'll cross my toes as well

Hehe thank you :-)

I had my appointment less than an hour ago and completely forgot to mention that extended period of sickness. Oh well, I need to 'sign on' (shudder) tomorrow I'll ask then.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

The advisor also said 9/10 mandatory reconsiderations come out with the same response and basically told me I'd end up appealing. She was nice though.

I'm just going to do the reconsideration request myself and then when it comes to the appeal I'll see CAB or the lady at the job centre gave me a number for welfare rights today and told me they could help me with my appeal so I could contact them.

You never know you might be one of the 10% to get the decision over turned with mandatory reconsideration.
    65% of appeals are successful at a tribunal apparently, so good luck with that
    2 weeks has elapsed and still the DWP hasn't received my report back from the Doctor that accessed me
    Its likely to be January 2017 before I get the outcome.
    I had a missed call this afternoon from a withheld number, I rang the DWP to see if it was them. It wasn't she said and looked on system. I mentioned about what I was told about the prognosis 18 month and she spent at least 5 mins looking into it and said there's nothing that says that on the system and shes looked on every screen so not sure why youve been given that information.
    I give up with them now and I wont call them again and I'll just wait till January for the outcome.
    Best of luck with yours

Hopefully. If I lose the appeal I will absolutely cry my eyes out. I've had mental health issues for 9 years now and I know if you get classed as fit for work you can't go on ESA in the future for the same issue, so even if I'm able to work in the near future I still want to appeal this as it may mean difficulties getting help in the future.
    This past 18 months my mental health has seriously deteriorated and my relationship is hanging on by a thread, if that ends I know for a fact I'll spiral. I couldn't imagine feeling any worse and having to sign on.

I'm sorry you haven't heard back and that they said that too. They are such idiots. Hopefully you'll hear back before Christmas then that could be an early Christmas present haha

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information