Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA assessment on Thursday

Re: ESA assessment on Thursday

I contacted citizens advice this morning who gave me a number of somebody who could help as apparently citizens advice can't help with reconsiderations or appeals. The person on the phone (at the other place) said I should get a call back within 24-48 hours (excluding weekends) so I'm looking at Tuesday which will be 2 weeks after the date of my letter. It's all making me so nervous. I'd ideally like to sign on tonight, then never again. But looks like I'll still be signing on in a fortnight

Well I 'signed on' this afternoon. The woman seemed nice. I have to do it fortnightly she said they'd rather it be weekly but whilst she can get away with it she just does appointments fortnightly as her schedule is full. It didn't seem too intimidating and I don't really need to 'prove' I'm searching etc just if I apply for jobs I need to prove that and look on the job sites each day etc.

I'm finding it very intimidating but knowing it's only short term (until I can appeal my ESA decision) is helping a lot.

Hopefully it will only be for a few weeks .At least the lady you're seeing at the JC seems nice enough.I hope you're feeling a bit better knowing at least you'll have an income
    Antonio

Thanks again Antonio. I do feel a little better, I'm just now terrified of the possibility of losing the appeal. I know I shouldn't worry yet, but I'm just so scared. I'm having really bad relationship issues too and don't feel like we can sort it out so it's not like my partner can help me out if we do separate properly. I also wasn't told when I get my first JSA payment, I would normally have gotten ESA on the Friday gone so as long as I get a payment at some point next week I'll be fine. I'm worried it will only be a part payment too. This will be my poorest Christmas ever. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Think I'm just in a really bad mood at the moment, feels like everything is going wrong. Starting to get anxious through the night again which hasn't been a problem for years. Completely fed up.

Hi again Kee
    Really sorry to hear you're going through this .You really need to be looking at fightback4Justice .These people seem to know the system inside out and as mentioned above have a very high success rate on appeals.
    I've got them ready for back up should I need to use them .
    I certainly won't be trying to appeal without help thats for sure . They certainly like to test our anxiety levels don't they ! Keep your chin up and try not too worry too much about thinking about losing your appeal.With the right help your chances are much higher of a positive outcome.
    Antonio

Thanks again Antonio. I know that website is good and I know it's not expensive I just don't really have any money to spend on things like that. If it was a one off fee then it wouldn't be as bad but if I couldn't afford a month in the middle of my appeal for example then basically I'm screwed.
    I've been told there are people who can help for free where I'm from one I believe is welfare rights. I'm also confident from the ESA assessment criteria that I'd get 15 points as I meet the requirements so hopefully that means I'm more likely to win the appeal.
    I'm also awaiting a phone call from somebody who helps with these things and I know it may sound stingy but if I can get the help for free it's preferential to me. I know it's only short term but I'm terrified I'll be sanctioned for not looking for jobs (I am looking but there's none I'm able to apply for as I'm not able to work so it's really stressing me out) and at the moment every penny counts as I can never be sure I'll get a payment each fortnight.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I've just looking at the criteria and I may actually get just 12 points. God I'm so sick of this already and I haven't even asked for a reconsideration yet. I can't even leave my house if neighbours are around, yet if they aren't I can get into the city centre alone (on the bus), so really saying I can get to a familiar place alone is both true and false as I can, but only under certain circumstances. Plus when it's dark I can leave the house regardless of who is around (unless it's my direct next door neighbours as their door is literally CM's away, we share a footpath), in the Summer I can't really leave the house alone even if nobody is about. There are so many variables.

Yes thats understandable if you're struggling financially .
    Remember (also the welfare will tell you this) always state how you are on your worst days rather than your good days and dont put it varies from one day to another .I understand this is how it is for you and also its like it for me where some days I cant even step foot outdoors and other days I can . It can go against you if you start saying that and they will say you're capable of some kind of work. Hope you get the phone call soon and can make steps now to get the ball rolling
    Antonio

Thanks again for responding Antonio.
    You are right, the woman at my assessment asked me what I do for shopping and I said I don't really go shopping but if I'm already in town I'll pop into Tesco (I go to the town every Saturday with my daughter and mid week with my Mam) and she wrote on my report that I go alone to Tesco for my shopping! I've probably been to the town alone 10 times this year and that's probably an exaggeration, I recall 3 times and 2 of those were to hand fit notes into Job Centre. So yes, when the people who are due to ring me on Monday or Tuesday ask about my situation I think I'll describe my worst days.

I got my phone call this morning and they are putting me through to welfare rights. She also mentioned that period of sickness that you told me about Antonio and I said when I mentioned it on the phone I was told I'd been 'misinformed' and she said she's going to take it up with the job centre as they even recently received an email about it. So I've been told to mention it at my next signing on, which I will do on the 23rd December. I've now got to wait for welfare rights to call me back and they couldn't give me a timeframe. Hoping it won't be too long.

I chased this up today and I just need to wait for a phonecall back from welfare rights. They can't give me a timeframe. My reconsideration needs to be reviewed by them in a fortnights time (it states one month on letter and my letter is dated 29th November, so I guess it'll be 29th December).

If I don't hear back by next Tuesday or Wednesday I'm just going to send a letter myself.

I need to sign on in a week and I'm scared they'll tell me I haven't done enough to look for a job. I've been looking at a few job places but as I feel unable to work applying for any job would be futile .

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information