Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do cancer pains come and go?

Do cancer pains come and go?

does cancer pain come and go? I have diagnosed myself yet again with a form of cancer. Stupid mind and HA

Re: Do cancer pains come and go?

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Not all cancers cause pain, in fact many people have few to zero symptoms and their cancer is only discovered by chance. Pain level/frequency can also be dependant on the stage and/or the position of the cancer.

The problem here is really the fact that by your own admission you keep diagnosing yourself with different types of cancer because of your health anxiety.

Can I ask what triggered your health anxiety? Are you having any treatment? I hope you have plenty of support at least.

I really doubt you have cancer but you won't believe that, I just hope you can find some way to reassure yourself - It really is horrible obsessing about an imaginary illness, I know how it feels and it's exhausting.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredlady View Post
    Not all cancers cause pain, in fact many people have few to zero symptoms and their cancer is only discovered by chance. Pain level/frequency can also be dependant on the stage and/or the position of the cancer.
    This is true BUT... if it's cancer and it's reached the point of causing pain or discomfort, it doesn't come and go. In my case with Head and Neck cancer, it was a visible node that grew. There was no discomfort until shortly before I was diagnosed. At that point I felt an annoying discomfort/pain in my neck and ear area due to the tumors pressing on internal structures. It did not relent.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My recent miscarriage is what I believe has triggered it. I found a tiny little bump on my shin muscle that has shrunk since I found it but I convinced myself I have soft tissue sarcoma and now I'm having this leg pain which idk if it's caused by my anxiety or if it's serious or what it is. But I was on medicine and it helped. I weaned off of it because I was convinced it is what caused my miscarriage. I have support but my family is tired of hearing me complain. I had a miscarriage in May and now in September and I have no children. I'm only 22 years old and the fact that I think about never becoming a mom because I'm dying is what makes it really bad. My mom is a nurse and my mind still won't believe her. Idk what to do I have a doctors appt this week to hopefully ease my mind and get on with my life. I'm so young to worry about these things and I honestly just want my life back.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

The pain in my leg that I'm feeling runs down the back of my leg from my butt to my shin. Which is where the sciatic is but idk why I would have that? Maybe from driving or sitting too much? But then I'll also just get a pain sometimes around my shin. These pains come and go and are the worst when I'm driving or sitting. It rarely bothers me when I'm walking.

Elle I'm so sorry about you losing your pregnancies, I'm not surprised it has left you anxious; Such horrible experiences and no one deserves to go through that.

I do want to say though that it's a well noted fact that a number of women suffer miscarriages (sometimes multiple times) and then go on to have healthy full term pregnancies in the future, in the same way that many people worry they are dying due to how anxiety makes us feel, you are not dying Elle.

Definitely talk to your doctor and be upfront about it, lay your concerns bare on the table and see what suggestions are made to help you feel better. 22 is a brilliant age, you should be enjoying every minute of it and it's good that you say you want to get on with your life, that's a great start.

You really can and will begin to feel better once you have an idea of how to brush off your worries and I think for you the easiest place to start will be with your doctor.

In the mean time, just keep thinking "I don't have cancer", you have to be the positive force to over ride the negativity.

Thank you for all your kind words. I wish I could shake this without Medicine but I don't want to take it because it increases your chance of miscarriage. I think therapy is my best option. I really hope the doctor is understanding and takes me seriously

Quote Originally Posted by ElleNicole View Post
    does cancer pain come and go? I have diagnosed myself yet again with a form of cancer. Stupid mind and HA
    You do not have the authority to diagniose yourself with anything; neither do the sensationalist media or awarenes crusraders. Only the docs and profesional medical teams.

That is also a question that I wonder about but seems to get no straight answers about.
    But remember that pain both here and there in the body is more common than cancer. But I am like you; I am very afraid of getting cancer, especiallly the most deadly and incurable cancer types.

My GP told me last week cancer pain does NOT come and go as I was worried about lower stomach pains I've been getting on and off for a while.

I understand how stressful a miscarriage can be but don't be disheartened. I had a miscarriage in May 2006 and had my daughter in April 2007.

I know I will have a baby one day. It's just so stressful the amount of time wasted from a miscarriage. All the waiting around and wondering. 2 in 6 months is rough and I would never wish something like that upon anyone. It's like getting your hopes up to just have them crushed. But I honestly believe that is what caused this round of HA. Last miscarriage I had in March and health anxiety started early May so who knows. Thank you everyone for replying. I know I'm not dying, and I really appreciate all the support it's really good to talk about it! That's why I'm considering therapy. Just to be able to talk to someone no judgment or bias. My family is not like that but I think talking to someone who knows nothing about me is actually better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information