Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dreams freaking me out

dreams freaking me out

Im not educated enough to know hoe dreams work but i assume its information from the day/fears/thoughts.

I have had dreams of;
    Me telling someone i have a brain tumor
    Someone telling me someone has an operable anerysm (i read an article about Bruce Forsyth had similar thing and had a dream that i had a visual hallucination - was initmate with my partner in dream and had spider i couldnt push off omy face. I woke up scared this was real but i know it wasnt as it was day time in my dream but dark and night in dream.

I *KNOW* they're dreams but i worry they are foreshadowing

Re: dreams freaking me out

All you think about is potential health problems, isn't it logical to assume that those thoughts might intrude in your subconscious?

You really need to give yourself a break.

Yep, basically if your thoughts are fearful throughout the day then you are going to have anxiety dreams. I've had some doozies over the last two years..decapitated animals and me teeth falling out into my hand...lots of running, falling and people bollocking me, my dead mother for one.

When you catch yourself thinking fearful thoughts try and think of something nice. Also bear in mind that if you are dwelling on the news, watching thrillers, horrors etc, that will also affect your dreams as your brain is trying to process all the info from your day.

They are just dreams. They don't mean anything.

Just be glad you weren't intimate with Bruce Forsyth.

*end of thread*

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Just be glad you weren't intimate with Bruce Forsyth.

Dreams are your subconscious trying to make sense of your problems.

You know that saying 'sleep on it' to make a decision? That's because sleep helps you figure things out that your awake mind doesn't consider.

1. A lot of the time, dreams can just be repeats of random stuff that you've experienced through the day.
    2. Sometimes, people dream things which are code for other things, and you can look up online what your dreams mean (e.g. teeth falling out means you're worried about losing friends).
    3. Other times, your dreams are your 'rehearsals' for situations you think you're going to be in (e.g. waking up late to go to an exam dream is your subconscious telling you to make sure you wake up on time for that exam!)

Nora B and Gary A have got it right about your dreams though. What's on your mind during the day will come out in your sleep too. Sometimes it can be in a problem-solving sort of way though. Is there anything about your dream that was helpful to you?

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    2. Sometimes, people dream things which are code for other things, and you can look up online what your dreams mean (e.g. teeth falling out means you're worried about losing friends)
    I think in my case it's because I'm always thinking about needing false clackers.
    Last edited by NoraB; 08-11-16 at 16:06.

Well in personal life i've been struggling to adapt to new surroundings and been bickering with my chap (not because of HA)

See, now you've said dreams are rehearsals i now worry i will get anerysm/tumor/schiz. The aneurysm dream was someone telling me about someone else, the schiz was the hallucination of a spider on my face during sex. What does that mean lol?

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

But i also woke up annoyed because someone in my dreamhad never heard of the musical Wicked haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I had a dream before waking this morning that I had 4 Pixie Bob kittens! (We have a 6 year old Pixie Bob male) They were soooo cute and were running around acting crazy, playing with our boy and jumping all over me ~lol~ I even remember the way they felt when I was holding them!

It had nothing to do with the issues I'm dealing with. I wonder what my subconscious was trying to tell me?

Positive thoughts and Pixie Bobs!
    I once had a dream about the TV character Frasier (I won't go into details). I hope to God it wasn't my subconscious trying to tell me something

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I had a dream before waking this morning that I had 4 Pixie Bob kittens! (We have a 6 year old Pixie Bob male) They were soooo cute and were running around acting crazy, playing with our boy and jumping all over me ~lol~ I even remember the way they felt when I was holding them!

It had nothing to do with the issues I'm dealing with. I wonder what my subconscious was trying to tell me?

Positive thoughts and Pixie Bobs!
    Maybe your subconscious is giving you a break

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    Well in personal life i've been struggling to adapt to new surroundings and been bickering with my chap (not because of HA)

See, now you've said dreams are rehearsals i now worry i will get anerysm/tumor/schiz. The aneurysm dream was someone telling me about someone else, the schiz was the hallucination of a spider on my face during sex. What does that mean lol?
    They're rehearsals for what you THINK might happen - not what will actually happen. We don't have the power of telling the future very accurately as humans.

Because of changing doses on citalopram, recently I see something moving out of the corner of my eye, but it's nothing really. I've also felt things crawling on me very occasionally because of depression/anx/cit. Nothing is really there. It was scary the first couple of times, but now I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me - I reassure myself and it doesn't bother me any more.

One for you to consider - my therapist said that spiders represent mothers. Freud would probably interpret that as your mum being metaphorically on your face during sex!! Haha! Maybe it would mean something like you feel you can't escape your mum, or she's judging you, or something. Or it could be totally irrelevant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information