Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palps

Palps

al my ecg's 4 of them all clear within the year. constant like palps or fluttering senseation spread to underam pit and left arm. puts me in major panics chest xrays and bloods all normal. i have health anexity is this really from that.

Re: Palps

Hi, yes it can be a symptom of anxiety, or it can be that the anxiety is caused by the fearof the palps! I've suffered for many years with the dropped heart beats and flutters and have come to accept them now to be honest. Had all the tests over the years, and always negative so no heart disease. However they can be very scary and uncomfortable, especially when there is a long run of them. I take a beta blocker called Bisoprolol for mine which really helps...my own GP takes this too for his palp's, so even the docs can suffer with them.

They can also be caused by bad digestion, too much alcohol or too much caffeine. In fact anything that irritates your stomach can also irritate your heart, so it may be an idea to check into that too. I know my own triggers after all these years, and although my heart can become fluttery if i'm nervous or stressed, most times it's down to bad digestion. I've been drinking decaff tea and coffee for years now, and don't drink alcohol half as much as I used to. If you do feel there's a connection with your digestion, over the counter remedies can help...anything that makes you burp basically! Hope that helps.

ISB

hy thanks for your reply. i do drink quite a bit alcohol at weekend and drink every day but only 1-2 during the week and drink maybe 4 coffee a day everyday. docs have said that cud be the problem. i am accepting them but i think the worst bit is th dizzyness that comes with them. they make me really lightheaded and bit dizzy. did u get that and is that common?

am just scared that all my tests have missed sometihng or that i will et suden death as google has scared me to death with that

It's very rare for them to miss anything sinister going on with the heart tbh, heart disease is one of the easiest ailments to diagnose, either your heart works or it doesn't basically. Palpitations for me started in my 20s and i'm now in my 60s and still do not have a diseased heart. What I do have is a sensitive and easily irritated heart, and palps are so common they are considered to be normal.

I've also experienced the dizziness with them too but not so for quite some years, so I can put that down to the fear of the palpitations, because they used to scare me silly and fear can alter your breathing which then alters the carbon dioxide and oxygen balance, which results in dizziness. And this all happens as quickly as the flick of a switch.

ISB

i am 26 and being told i am to young for sudden death or heart conditions but the anexity tells me diffo and plays with my mind

it semms to go on all day at the moment just fuzzy kind of feeling in my chest area. also it feels like gassy as can feel rumbling and stuff could that be related

sorry a newbie here asking loads of questions haha

Yes if you're gassy and have rumblings it can definitely be related.. as I stated in previous replies, if your digestive system is irritated your heart will be too. I know it's not easy to accept the palpitations are not life threatening but just another symptom to cope with, and I know this will go on flooring you until you can find a way of dealing with it, but the cardiologists know the difference between 'organic' problems with your heart and 'benign ' problems.

If you find you can't cope with the palps, and many can't, then have a chat with your doctor about the possibility of beta blockers, they do help to lessen the strength of them for sure.

Also, take a read through the information about this subject on the forum, there are loads of threads and posts from the great number of nmp members who also suffer with this.

ISB x

cardiologists? Av only had chest exam and ecgs at hostpital n bloods thanks for answeing

No problem. Yes, it's the cardiologists who read the results of the ecg at the hospital. Sometimes just the nurse who does the test can see if there's anything wrong and will tell you if all is well without seeing the cardiologist.

ISB x

Ah right thick me haha yes she looks at it and said will show the doctor aswell so happy with that

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Worried bout Long QT syndrome (LQTS. As it says symtpombs could be etopic and heart pqlps. Which cud casue death! What is this syndrome LQTS and wpuld my ecg pick it up lol sorry for bugging xx

Don't be mad at yourself, it takes time to gather the information you need to recover from health anxiety, it doesn't happen overnight. Keep on asking questions, there will always be someone around to reply and reassure you. The syndrome you refer to? Did you get this from Google? Please stay away from Google with health questions whilst your health anxiety is high, you will focus only on the worst. Try to trust the doctors on this, they deal with this every day and know what they can see in the tests in real time.

ISB x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 09-11-16 at 21:16.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information