Thread: Long time lurker, first time poster

Long time lurker, first time poster

I suffer from panic disorder which I've treated with paroxetine 40mg for the last 16 years, and recently 1mg Xanax as needed. My panic attacks/general anxiety are inseparable from health anxiety, it's health stuff that always triggers it. I'm starting therapy tomorrow, or I guess the process of finding a therapist that I like. Whenever I have a bad bout of HA I like to come here because it helps me to know that there are other people who worry about the same things I do, for some reason.

What finally drove me to therapy is a really bad health scare; my father was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor a couple of months ago. It's already out and the treatment profile and prognosis are very positive; we have no reason to believe he won't live another 15 or 20 years or even more. But the stress of it all has really sapped my emotional wherewithal and I've really been struggling with general health anxiety for the last couple of months. Every headache is a brain tumor, every twinge of chest pain is a heart attack, every tender spot is a new and deadly incurable form of cancer. Y'all know how it is.

Anyway, I registered because in my own therapeutic browsing of the forums, I often see someone struggling with the same thing I have and wanted to help. Hopefully I'll be posting to help people way more than posting my own problems, and thanks to all the regulars who offer such great and comforting advice around here.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya orthagonal and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster

Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

Thread Information