Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to be rational on this ibs? or what

Trying to be rational on this ibs? or what

So, I haven't posted on here in a while done 4 cbt sessions I'm starting i think maybe feel a little better still get severe anxiety from time to time though :( and now is one of them anyway still a bit down and depressed need to sort my sleep out! also I think I need to drink way more I've only had a 2 glasses of pop today and a coffee.

Anyway after work i went fine bit constipated but after I felt and urge and passed a decent size of mucus on it's own :( then been twice since well once the second time I think i just went to see if i could get it out didn't strain second time a tiny bit of mucus quite a bit wiping and gas. Can constipation cause this? or being dehydrated Also when i did strain a bit I've stopped it does feel like there could be something solid there.

Also only just got over a bad cold or virus thing I've had for 2 weeks, I've got two sides at the minute logical: It's just constipation I've had the mucus on it's own before and It'll go.

Emotional side: Something bad or my bowels going to close off or become blocked or something :(

Re: Trying to be rational on this ibs? or what

Great that you are feeling the benefit of the CBT.

The simple answer is lack of fluid = constipation.

Drink more water and see how it goes

Re: Trying to be rational on this ibs? or parasite?! maybe :(

So it's slightly improved but i've scared my self :( What if all these years I've had this ibs it could be a parasite or something causing the mucus Makes me feel really uneasy thinking about it :( and quite freaked out how would you know I've seen like bits of tiny white every now and then but not like nearly everytime or everytime I do go. Would you see it clear as daylight or am i being paranoid again?

Re: Trying to be rational on this ibs? or parasite?! maybe :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lockey1995 View Post
    r am i being paranoid again?
    yep

practice your cbt techniques and keep drinking water

Stop looking at it. The more you whittle about it the worse it'll be .

Yeah i don't so much now it's just the cramps etc I get from time to time I'm scared it could be it just unsettles me thinking there's something living in there :(

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

idk minds gone crazy what happens if there is something that's grown in there for years it's always been a fear

The brain and the gut are so connected so the more anxious you are, the more your bowels play up. I've never done CBT but I hear it's very good so keep it up

Have you been given some CBT worksheets to record unhelpful thoughts on? Do the exercises and stick with it.

I got much better when I started each day with a small bowl if all bran and drunk 1.5lts of water. A week off caffeine seemed to coincide with feeling better too.

Hi, I've just posted on the other thread. I've had IBS for years, flares up sometimes and then goes away for years.

When I feel yuk and see the mucus, I'm quite relieved as then I know its just IBS not something far worse!

Music is typical of ibs. I have a serious case of fistulizing crohn's disease and it is nothing like you described

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information