Thread: Mirtazapine 45mg

Mirtazapine 45mg

Hi, I'm starting to get confused and I wondered if Forum users can help please.I have insomnia and was prescribed Mirtazapine first 15mg and 30mg, both of which had no effect.This has now been upped to 45mg starting tonight but from what I'm hearing that drug can keep you awake.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

Re: Mirtazapine 45mg

My understanding is it is sedating at low doses but not high doses. Is it being prescribed for depression? If so the doc may be wanting to increase it to reduce depression which may help sleep indirectly?

Mitazipine is dopamine and serotonin. The lower the dose the more dopamine. I take 45mg and struggle with sleep. The lower the dose the easier to sleep. Thats what I found x

Its being prescribed for depression, but I've read that 45mg might actually cause insomnia!I struggle to sleep too.

Maybe try some relaxation techniques an hour before bed? Nice hot bath? Xx

Been on this 45mg for a week now , not noticed anything.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was on 45mgs for years and slept like a log! Now I am on 15mgs and sleep more normally. So don't believe everything you read about it. You are more likely not to sleep well taking the higher dose because you expect not to. Take and forget about it.

Hi Chris,

There is a general view that it is more sedating at lower doses, with perhaps the optimum on this front being around 7.5mg to 15mg.

For a time I was on 45mg; one thing to consider is splitting the dose (you will probably need a pill cutter) - e.g. one-quarter (11.25mg) at night, 33.75mg in the AM. This worked for me. Discuss this your doctor first before actioning however.

Albert

Thread Information