Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fearing Lymphoma-hard lymph node armpit

Unhappy Fearing Lymphoma-hard lymph node armpit

So 5 months ago, having a shower I decided to feel my armpits (I didn't have HA at the time).

On the right armpit I felt a hard, 0.5 to 1cm lymph node (I think that is what it is).
    Doctor said it was fine, bloods came back fine but inflammation in my body was a little high (but doctor assured me I shouldn't worry). I went to the breast clinic, and he said sometimes lymph nodes and other things are just palpable but aren't harmful.

Anyway I pushed for a scan and he said I didn't need one.

I pushed my fear away the best I could for the last couple of weeks, but today it's back. I haven't touched my armpit for weeks and it feels like the lymph node hasn't changed at all. It's not grown, I still have to dig in to grab it, it's still hard and feels surrounded in fat which makes it seem bigger.

I am going insane. I have no had any symptoms but my legs feel tickly from time to time. I had a rash on my wrist but thats gone away with some cream I used.

How can I get over this? I really do feel like I have lymphoma that is sill undiagnosed.

Re: Fearing Lymphoma-hard lymph node armpit

You are having to dig to feel them and 2 medical professionals have told you that they are fine.

If you had undiagnosed lymphoma this long you would really know about it.

The best advice is to stop poking and prodding otherwise they will get bigger.

Do a search on lymphoma on the forum and you will see how common this worry is.

Unhappy Re: Fearing Lymphoma-hard lymph node armpit

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    You are having to dig to feel them and 2 medical professionals have told you that they are fine.

If you had undiagnosed lymphoma this long you would really know about it.

The best advice is to stop poking and prodding otherwise they will get bigger.

Do a search on lymphoma on the forum and you will see how common this worry is.
    lymphoma forum on this website?

I am just so upset by this all, but I guess you're right. 5 months have gone by now and this lymphnode could have popped up years ago for all I know :-/

You got the all clear from the doctor! Excellent news!

Seriously, spotting when these things require attention are what GPs do, and if they had even the tiniest inkling it needed looking into they wouldn't hang around. You did the right thing getting it checked, but believe the experts and allow yourself to feel relieved and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    You got the all clear from the doctor! Excellent news!

Seriously, spotting when these things require attention are what GPs do, and if they had even the tiniest inkling it needed looking into they wouldn't hang around. You did the right thing getting it checked, but believe the experts and allow yourself to feel relieved and move on.
    it's hard to let it go :(

I wish it would just go away.

I understand. I had a red mark/bruise with a lump underneath on my breast. Had it checked out as well but I can still see the very faint bruise 6 weeks on. I just want it to go away completely

I have one in my right armpit but have been told it's a dried up cyst. Has been there for 10 years now without changing. I still worry about it from time to time but know it is just one of those things I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post
    I have one in my right armpit but have been told it's a dried up cyst. Has been there for 10 years now without changing. I still worry about it from time to time but know it is just one of those things I have.
    Is it deep in the armpit or can you see it?

Quite deep but you can see a little red mark (maybe 3mm) on the skin

its good that you went to see your Doctor after finding it, im sure if they had the slightest concern it was something to worry about they would have referred you for a scan.
    If you are still really worried theres no harm in getting a second opinion from another Doctor if you think it would help to put your mind at ease

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information