Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 red circle patches on breast.

Re: 2 red circle patches on breast.

Morning ladies,I shown my partner yesterday and he said its eczema,he had what looks like the same on he's stomach and he said watch out what body wash your using.I am still not convinced! As they have absoultley no feeling to them.I'm just a little worried that I will go to my GP and they won't be able to find what I'm talking about because of the lighting and I would hate to waste there time as I feel I have with all my diagnoses through out the year really was thinking to myself that I have fought the health anxiety away but I don't think I ever will it seems to always be there if I notice the slightest difference to my body or have any symptoms.xx

You should go to your GP, you are not wasting their time and if it puts your mind at rest then it is worth it. Don't sit and worry about it

Looking at the bigger picture, as I've been taught to do with CBT; if the marks on your breast are so slight that you're concerned the Dr won't even be able to find them, do you think you might be focusing a little too much on them?
    If they were bright red, swollen, itchy, painful then yes you have reason to feel concern.

As your partner says, it's probably a reaction to soap. Try not using anything in that area for a bit.
    I have eczema on my hairline caused by shampoo. It has no feeling either, just a mark. I use a steroid cream and it goes away only to reappear when I use the same shampoo again.

With HA we focus on any slight change in our bodies. Normal people accept that there are always changes and only react when they see real danger signs. For us, every sign means danger!

Each time I battle with HA which is fairly often, once that particular symptom is over I think I've conquered the monster. But of course with HA there are just too many illnesses out there and we just swap one set of symptoms for another.

I know that I need to conquer the HA and not just the symptoms.
    I definitely believe that CBT is the answer if one is determined to make the effort with the exercises.

Thank you Becky you make a lot of sense! I did do a few weeks of cbt but my counsellor seemed to have signed me off quite quickly,I was left really upset by it,each time I went she had forgotten where we had last gotten up too also asking if she had given me this and that,maybe she was seeing to many people.

I have just checked my other breast and I do have a smaller one on my other breast so perhaps it is just eczema? The skin on my breasts it awful! I do sweat a lot (I am quite big) seems to get dry skin,spots and black heads xx

Have a look at this. Somebody on the forum posted it and I found it helpful. Similar to CBT
    http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm
    CBT definitely works but it does take a lot of effort and dedication to continue with the exercises until they become habits

Thanks for that! I'm going to get the kids off to bed than read through it properly xx

Ok so now I'm now bothered by the red marks as they have gone! I've pretty much told myself that it is eczema.I have spent the last few days really looking closely examining myself that I think I have now found a small circlur dent on my right breast at the outser side you can't really feel it as it looks more white if anything also again I have to go in different lighting and really look for it.

I can't believe myself I go from extreme to another! Really didn't to find myself in this worrying situation AGAIN:(

---------- Post added at 07:08 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Just to add to my latest post I do have stretch marks on my breasts and spider veins,my breast size is 36G not sure if that would mean anything.If I can see an indention why can I not feel it? I am going mad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information