Thread: Angiodysplasia

Angiodysplasia

Hello I was just wondering if anyone has angiodysplasia, went to the hospital for consultation after seeing blood after bowel movement and doctor examined me and said I have like birthmark's and the posh name for it is angiodysplasia. I'm having colonoscopy in 2 weeks to see how far up they go I'm so worried about the colonoscopy it's frightens me so much I hate machines & pulse things they put your finger in. blood pressure machine, just seeing that room puts me in a state of panic. Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has had the colonoscopy no horror stories please I don't think my heart can take it

Re: Angiodysplasia

I wrote a thread about my colonoscopy a few weeks ago. I had had a sigmoidoscopy (where they don't go up as far) and it was horrific so I was really scared for the colonoscopy. I was sobbing as I was lying on the bed while they were getting all the stuff ready. The nurse was lovely and chatted away and they put a needle in my hand and I watched as they put the sedation in. I've never had sedation before. It was quite pleasant. It was like if had a few glasses of wine. Well after that I chatted away to the nurses and I was aware something was inside me but there was no pain whatsoever. She asked me to twist around and lie on my back at one point, and also said "I'm going round the bend so you may feel this", but I never did. It was over in about 25mins if I remember rightly and I went and had a cuppa. It really was a breeze and I felt silly for putting this off for over a year. X

Re: Angiodysplasia

Aww thank you pepperpot I've had endoscopy twice with sedative & that wasn't bad as I expected but this one I'm like arghh lol I'm going to be brave though I did tell them that I suffer from high anxiety so hopefully they take that into consideration, it's a nice hospital I'm having the procedure so I'm thankful for that. How long was you there for? They want me in for 12pm just wondering what time i will be home.

Thread Information