Thread: Is this constipation?

Is this constipation?

I have had ibs for about 25+ years, it's not been particularly troublesome but I can have prolonged flair ups when stressed and anxious. I have been extremely anxious over the last 3 months and my ibs has been fairly bad. My stools have been loose most days, as soon as I wake up I can feel the anxiety and my focus goes straight to my stomach. Within ten mins or so I have to go to the bathroom. Some days I will go three times within 3/4 hours of waking, each time it gets looser.

I have had a few episodes of full on diaorreah during this time. I've also had normal stools throughout this time but not as much as I would like. I had diaorreah on Tuesday and took one immodium and also about three calcium carbonate and kaolin tablets as I started to feel panicky about my stomach. Since then I've not had loose stools, instead I seem to have gone the other way. My stools are small and hard and I'm starting to worry about that, (I can't win!) I have been trying to eat more fibre, soup with lots of green veg, oatcakes, fruit, but I'm wondering if this is having the opposite effect on my bowels. I don't drink enough, maybe 3 cups of tea and a glass of lemonade in a day so I know that can cause constipation but my anxiety is trying to stop my rational thinking.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Re: Is this constipation?

Not enough water I'd say

Thread Information