Thread: Liver ultrasound

Liver ultrasound

Hey guys. Im a fellow ocd sufferer. Not as bad these days due to training on my way of thinking from psychology sessions. However i have had a blood test and my alt was 49. Which is slightly high. Had another 4 weeks later and alt went to 63. I dont drink at all. I am over weight but recently lost 1st 3lbs. At the docs yesterday and she wants an ultrasound scan to check for fatty liver and hepatitis. I dont have any symptoms other than a pain just above my belly button and below my ribs when iv eaten a big meal (usually a takeaway). Pain moves to my back and only happens at night for a few hours and antacids usually sort it. Now the doc said the scan will be within 2 weeks which has scared me becuase i think there thinking that its because there really worried about whats going on. Googled some stuff and pancreatic cancer has come up and now im terrified i wont be there to see my kids grow up. Anyone else been like this? Hiw long was your scan wait time?

Re: Liver ultrasound

Hi,

Your alt. is only slightly elevated, all my liver enzymes were raised last year, in part to too much cheap wine and the statins I have taken for years for familial high cholesterol.

I had an ultrasound a week later which showed slightly fatty liver but no other abnormalities. Please don't fret about pancreatic cancer or google too much....

wishing you all the best.

Re: Liver ultrasound

Thanks for your reply. I really shouldn't google but i always end up doing it. Hopefully wont be googling anymore. I dont drink but i am a few stone over weight. Iv lost over 1st 3lbs so far so im sticking to it. I dont drink either. Im hoping its just a bit of fatty liver. I did have some paracetamol a few days before the blood test is it possible this why it was raised? Also i work 9am 9pm 4 days a week and dont normally eat any tea. Could this be another reason?
    Allt 2010 - 53
    Alt 2013 - 40
    Alt 2016 - 49
    Alt 2016 - 62 (started the 5 2 diet 3 weeks before test)

Thread Information