Thread: Fleshy lump in throat!?

Fleshy lump in throat!?

FLESHY LUMP IN THROAT?

I have a fleshy looking lump just beneath my right tonsil! I have no pain and I'm very scared this could be serious. I'm 17 and female. Please help? I've postaed a photo of it below :( what could this be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fleshy lump in throat!?

I have the same lump but mine is coming down from my nasal passage next to my uvula. Does yours cause you any problems? I put mine down to being a harmless polyp. It's been checked by ent lots and nothing worrying.

So you've had yours checked and it's nothing at all to worry about? That's put my mind at rest. Thank you haha, I've been really worried about it. I keep telling myself it's nothing but then anxiety makes worry a lot more.
    Im going to go to get it checked to if it hasn't gone in a week or so.
    I have no problems and it's not causing me any discomfort, it's just there that's what was worrying me.
    Do you have any problems?

I have one similar to you Katiex, mine actually had a tonsil stone in the end of it. I have been using a Hydrogen peroxide mouth wash from the pharmacy and I noticed the tonsil stone has all but gone but the stretched skin is still there. Im actually in an out of panic mode at the moment which is ridiculous. I have had this thing for years and for years I have had dr's look down my throat and not once have they told me to get to the ER quickly. I get these "moments" when I am OCD about a subject, mainly when I am worried about other things it manifests into there is something physically wrong. Back to the Tonsil thing, Katiex I wish I were like you too seemingly relaxed about it mine seriously sounds exactly like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by hheavenlyangel View Post
    I have one similar to you Katiex, mine actually had a tonsil stone in the end of it. I have been using a Hydrogen peroxide mouth wash from the pharmacy and I noticed the tonsil stone has all but gone but the stretched skin is still there. Im actually in an out of panic mode at the moment which is ridiculous. I have had this thing for years and for years I have had dr's look down my throat and not once have they told me to get to the ER quickly. I get these "moments" when I am OCD about a subject, mainly when I am worried about other things it manifests into there is something physically wrong. Back to the Tonsil thing, Katiex I wish I were like you too seemingly relaxed about it mine seriously sounds exactly like yours.
    Bless you. Mine has caused funny feelings over the years like a numb tingly feeling but my throat problem is mainly in my throat behind my Adam's apple so I can ignore this little lump because my other throat issue is so hard to deal with. I tend to forget the lump is there but my lower throat lump is so annoying x

Thread Information