Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALS worry

Re: ALS worry

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Doesn't sound worth it to chase that elusive 0.01% that a neuro doesn't believe it's worth bothering with but sadly opened the door to. Are they being paid by any chance?

All-or-nothing thinking is a problem for do many of us. Been there, done that.
    It's a big problem for me, its either a brain tumour or nothing!

But yeah...ALS isn't subtle. A neurologist has gone through years and years of training to know what a true ALS patient looks like. They will know the subtleties and nuances and they will know that it doesnt come in with sproadic twitching.

They offered the EMG for nothing more than to try and offer you peace of mind that the negative results will ease your fears. In my experience this isnt the case. Hence when I don't think it is worth pursuing the EMG. I would pursue therapy.

Honestly thank you to everyone who has commented on this thread! I'm still having trouble thinking that it's the anxiety! I've been more shaky over the last couple of days hands legs etc and been getting this weird numbing/ weird feeling sort of like vibrating of shaking on my left leg face top of head etc it just comes and goes and my sleep is still terrible, waking up at least 2 or 3 times a night and when I do I feel as tho my body is shaking /vibrating internally! And over the last couple of days my throat feels really tight and when I try to swallow its as tho as its blocked.
    Seems as tho as every passing day it gets worse!

Vibration in the limbs, the hands, the fingers, chest, stomach, feet, toes, etc are all known in anxiety. I've had it all over dating back to when my breakdown came around 10 years ago!

You tend to find that it disappears when you get up and move around.

And tight throats are one of the big common symptoms with anxiety too.

There must be hundreds of threads on here about these symptoms.

Thanks everyone for ur replies it honestly kept sane over the weekend, just something that has gotten worse is the tightness/swallowing problems when I'm swallowing food, water or even saliva it's as tho as it feels as it gets stuck, and it has a slight burning sensation when I've been burping. Today after breakky I had to cough and I burped up a bit of the scrambled eggs and it was as tho it came from the back of my throat. And it's as tho I am struggling to breathe sometimes and it's as tho my breath doesn't go down to my lungs and it just sits at the top of my chest. This has honestly scared me today!

Three months of untreated ALS and you would be in a bad way. It is not a slow disease. You would not be here typing away, you would be really, really sick.

I have experienced every symptom you mentioned, all at once, for the better part of a year when I was dealing with generalized anxiety. Your body is making and dumping adrenaline into your system like you were being chased by saber tooth tigers all the time, it is natural to feel what you are feeling.

You need a therapist, and to learn some cognitive behavior therapy. I would dare say, it would serve you well, probably, to stay completely off the internet, even here.

---------- Post added at 01:35 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

To add to MyNameisTerry's answer a bit, get up and move around. For the love of all things holy, even if you don't want to, GET SOME EXCERCISE.

Nothing helps burn that adrenaline out better than a good workout. Anything to pause the brain and work the body. When you don't think about the symptoms, you begin to realize you aren't noticing them.

I have just been so shaky lately pushing the wrong button on my phone etc, my vision has been the worst it's ever been making me go into a daze after staring at something for legit 10 seconds maybe less my head feels like it's not keeping up with me I'm constantly fatigued aswell! . And all these other symptoms that I have written aswell has put me into a massive spiral! Especially now my throat and swallowing issues.

Honestly sucks I go to bed feeling like this and wake up like this! I haven't been my normal self for about 2 months!

Today has been terrible had literally no sleep last nightj constantly tossing and turning and my arms and legs felt so weird. Perfect way to start off my 25th birthday. :/ I'm a painter by trade and now my right hand has been much more stiff going into my other fingers after I use the brush for to long and I've been getting pain in my hand like it's being over worked and if I run my legs feels so sore like I haven't done excercise in a while! Honestly going crazy on my birthday :(

Happy birthday

When I went through insomnia and tons of poor quality sleep I was shaky, nauseous, weak, aching, etc. Anxiety magnifies all this too.

It doesn't mean you have what you fear though, just that you are learning about how bad anxiety can affect you.

Happy Birthday..
    I don't get much sleep and today I have had the rattles up all anxiety Porko.Enjoy your birthday,don't sit around worrying,go to the pub and have a cuppla schooners.xx.

Also remember, it's the fact that you can paint at all that points away from mnd. Pain and stiffness are hardly ever the first sign.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information