Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Very low:( ALS fear. Giving up.

Re: Very low:( ALS fear. Giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljthompson10 View Post
    Bloody hell. I'm saying how much better I'm feeling and without being rude everyone is spreading negativity. It's not like you guys haven't been worrying before.
    Now for the last time.

I'm doing CTB
    I'm feeling better
    Please, all I was asking for was a little reassurance

Thankyou anyway
    Reassurance isn't working, literally every post you put forth is nothing more than a fishing expedition for reassurance. None of it has even become close to working, as you're still asking questions that you've had answered repeatedly.

If we keep reassuring you all it does is keep your mind focused on this non-existent illness. If you're doing CBT, you should probably already know that seeking reassurance is a big no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Reassurance isn't working, literally every post you put forth is nothing more than a fishing expedition for reassurance. None of it has even become close to working, as you're still asking questions that you've had answered repeatedly.

If we keep reassuring you all it does is keep your mind focused on this non-existent illness. If you're doing CBT, you should probably already know that seeking reassurance is a big no no.
    Ok guys thanks.

Just wondering. When I touch the inside of my left arm it's quite sensitive and tingles when I press down it or flick it. It's like I'm touching a nerve.

I didn't want to start a new threat and annoy you but what is this and is it normal? It's quite sensitive and tingly

I didn't want to start a new threat
    I should hope not
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Ok guys thanks.

Just wondering. When I touch the inside of my left arm it's quite sensitive and tingles when I press down it or flick it. It's like I'm touching a nerve.

I didn't want to start a new threat and annoy you but what is this and is it normal? It's quite sensitive and tingly
    Reassurance seeking. Again.

Red face Re: Very low:( ALS fear. Giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Reassurance seeking. Again.
    It doesn't bother me. Just would like to know if it's normal. Please just tell me if it is. Let me worry about myself because I'm happy with how I'm feeling at the minute

I understand how you feel, I do. ALS was my first fear and it sent me into a huge anxiety spiral for 7 months, going from one thing to another. I had muscle twitches everywhere! Constant "perceived" numbness, random part of my body that would hurt, and I mean really hurt! And now over a year later, all of it is gone. And my doctor very clearly told me that all of it is caused by stress.

I am 100% sure you don't have ALS, because none of the symptoms you are describing are the first symptoms. They are always later symptoms.
    But if you are genuinely that worried about it, just go to your doctor. They will tell you with certainty that it's all caused by stress.

It doesn't bother me. Just would like to know if it's normal. Please just tell me if it is. Let me worry about myself because I'm happy with how I'm feeling at the minute
    But why ask? I've had blood on the toilet paper a few times this week, since I have HA elements to my anxiety - I couldn't care less. This is the first I've even mentioned it.

I think showing your therapist these threads is the best thing you could do. Gary has mentioned you applying a hook to the end of your posts where they ask again or shift to another symptom and you have bumped your threads before too. This shows reassurance-seeking behaviour and your therapist should spot it immediately. They need to provide you with CBT tools to switch to instead or their therapy isn't going to work as it should as reassurance in a cycle of anxiety is a reinforce. They need to work on reducing you doing this, it's not always easy to cut it down immediately.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information