I have not posted on this site for a number of years as I was stable and thought I was ok however in April I had what has turned out to be the biggest melt down of my life, this lead to me being admitted to the local mental hospital and a forced stayed with my parents. This may be long so please bear with me I was on several different meds Lansoprazole/Seroxat and proprananol when I accidentally came across a web site that said PPIs the Lansoprazole could cause an increased risk of b12 deficiency when Investigated this it says this can cause vision loss. That was it the start of the worse anxiety episode I have ever had. I then started looking for info on proprananol and found that it can apparently give you an increased risk of getting macular degeneration or can contribute to an eye stroke. Then came my research on the ssris which apparently according to some websites cause various types of blindness. I was on seroxat at the time which I was told to just stop taking which I did for ten days then started prozac. I have since read that taking ssris and ssris discontinuation can cause retinal detachment. I have also been on an ssri for 18 years and am convinced that this maybe causing my anxiety so I have a two fold obsession. In a nut shell for the last 7 months my life has collapsed I am on the verge of loosing my partner of 21 years as my erratic behaviour scares her and my four children and family home, my business has pretty much collapsed. I have become totally overwhelmed and obsessed with the fear of my medications causing damage to my eyesight that my life is in danger of completely imploding so please please please anyone can you give me your advice I am utterly desperate sorry for including this part but I self harm a lot and have tried to commit suicide once as a result of my panic/stress and anxiety over this. I truly am at the end of my tether thanks for reading Owain