Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TRIGGERS

Re: TRIGGERS

KeeKee - with the quotes being broken, I won't quote you. But to just to say, I had no objection to your post. I was pointing out the big difference between experiences and the problem of trying to make sense of it all by relying on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    KeeKee - with the quotes being broken, I won't quote you. But to just to say, I had no objection to your post. I was pointing out the big difference between experiences and the problem of trying to make sense of it all by relying on the forum.
    Ah I see and yes I agree.

Why can't people just ignore Helen's posts if they are so annoying????!!!! Instead of these endless debates and arguments??!! Maybe this is exactly what she is trying to create?

I'm done with this forum. Thanks to everyone for their genuine comments and in particular Terry whi gets a lot of slack fighting my corner when he shouldnt have to.

Terry is awesome.

Again, with regards to my earlier post.

If you feel like you have to go, that is your problem. And I mean that nicely, despite it sounding weird.

What people post and read and how THEY react is THEIR problem.

So if people have issues with your posts that is THEIR problem. If you feel like you are done, that is YOUR PROBLEM. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks SLA, i wish you well.

I didn't mean to sound like I was suggesting therapists are experts in medication. The point to take from my post is that we've probably reached the limit of what we can do for Helen, and therapists/GPs are the best course of action available (trip to South Korea not withstanding).

To answer your question, I didn't talk much about meds with my therapist. To the extent that we did, he just talked to me about the best ways to make progress while on them and helped me with techniques to manage the side effects I was having at the time. I would say he got it about right and I was lucky in that sense.
    I meant how did your therapist deal with concerns over health issues? If they are IAPT, they are very likely to have backgrounds outside of being a doctor so won't want to take chances but with HA people that's not a good thing either as it's another cycle reinforce if they keep passing someone to their GP.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I meant how did your therapist deal with concerns over health issues? If they are IAPT, they are very likely to have backgrounds outside of being a doctor so won't want to take chances but with HA people that's not a good thing either as it's another cycle reinforce if they keep passing someone to their GP.
    It's a sign of my own progress that I don't even properly remember. I've had health fears, but it's never been the central theme of my anxiety.

A lot of my CBT was helping me deal with my symptoms as they were at the time, especially the panic attacks and derealisation. It was pretty successful. I appreciate I had the bare minimum as is standard when you first start an IAPT course, but combined with my SSRI, it seemed to pick me up really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    And I dont like eating vegetables, exercising, showering in the winter, or going to work, but guess what? I suck it up and do those things because its what is best for me. Science is science - its no different in America than it is in the UK, so don't even start that non-sense. The premier treatment for anxiety disorders is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with an SSRI. If she is serious, she will do both. But maybe not, as long as she has people like you enabling and coddling her.

And it was no hunch, we found the person's facebook - pictures of them playing sports, drinking etc, when they claimed they had ALS. You really need to stop policing this forum. I dont know how many times I need to tell you I don't give a shit about your opinion. I'd sooner listen to my dog talk than you.
    Really, so you're not aware that both NICE and our NHS have a stepped care model and sections about patient choice?

So what if "the gold star treatment is X" we don't do that over here. Welcome to a public health system.

I wasn't talking about the other person I have no knowledge of on another forum, i'm talking about Reb on NMP. I'm thankful that NMP admin don't respond to people calling to remove them from the forum because of their opinion about them.

As for the rest, blah blah, it's of no interest to me. .

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

[QUOTE=KeeKee;1617000]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

I'm not disagreeing with you as a whole. But you said medication 'would' work when that isn't necessarily true.

I agree she needs to do something, I also think it's daft she's been refused face to face therapy when my CBT therapist informed me you can even get CBT for dog phobias. Surely life afflicting mental health disorders should be prioritised over dog phobias (although I'm sure dog phobias can be debilitating too).
    She can't get it, KeeKee, she has moved to SK within months. There was no physical way of providing it in the timescale remaining if they had started it the next day.

It's like ServerError said, she may have to decide between delaying her work in SK or putting up with it. The NHS at the most could offer online supported CBT but I'm not sure whether that's even allowed with someone no longer accessing a GP?

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

It's a sign of my own progress that I don't even properly remember. I've had health fears, but it's never been the central theme of my anxiety.

A lot of my CBT was helping me deal with my symptoms as they were at the time, especially the panic attacks and derealisation. It was pretty successful. I appreciate I had the bare minimum as is standard when you first start an IAPT course, but combined with my SSRI, it seemed to pick me up really quickly.
    Ok thanks, with it being relevant to your point on helping her with her thinking it seemed worth asking someone in the thread I knew had recently been through therapy.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 23-11-16 at 23:36.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I'm done with this forum. Thanks to everyone for their genuine comments and in particular Terry whi gets a lot of slack fighting my corner when he shouldnt have to.
    Take care, Reb. I never like to see anyone leave unless it's for the right reasons, let alone disputes or arguments. Do what you believe is best for you and if you go I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Cheers to SLA too for the kind words.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information