Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Re: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Over here to get Diazepam is very easy! When my anxiety first showed, I got my first 20 and everytime I go to the doctors now they will give mehr 20 or even more.
    I have got about 80 here, not using them. My psychologist told me I am addicted to them, because I was taking 5mg every two days. I had to start a tricycle AD 3 weeks ago and was not allowed to take anymore Diazepam. But the AD made everything worse, I have a very low BP (80/50) and I am dizzy and slighty confused. That is the reason my GP told me to stop the AD and take Diazepam again until they prescribe me a new AD.

So now I am glad I have so many here.

My dr gives me 100 5mg at a time on repeat scripts cause she knows I only take 2/day. I do see her monthly for checkups though
    Phill
    Last edited by Phill2; 11-04-07 at 11:25. Reason: stuff up

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by jullip View Post
    My dr gives me 100 5mg at a time on repeat scripts cause she knows I only take 2/day. I do see her monthly for checkups though
    Phill
    I hope it is ok to ask. How long have you been taking Diazepam? Do you think you are addicted? I am asking because I had to take 5mg every 2 days and my dr. told me I am addicted. (I took them for 2 weeks)
    Now that I might have to take them again I am really scared. But they are the only meds that helped me so far.

I doubt you would be addicted in two weeks!!!Maybe the dr is worried you may become addicted??You seee i see it this way...if they dont harm you,and make you feel better ..where is the harm? Dont everyone get angry me saying this as it had a bad response once before It's s imply that all the efects they say they have do not apply to me,i can take them or leave them,maybe i am odd but it is amedicastion that can make such a difference to the awful panic we get.If you dont need them ,then that is wonderful too Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes my dr. said I am addicted, but she ment mentally addicted. I wouldn't go anywhere without them and waited impatiently until I could take the next one. I allowed myself to take them only in the evenings every 2-3 days. I was soooo relaxed and tired on them and I didn't want my children to see me like this.
    And yes I would love to take them every day as nothing else really seems to help with the panic........

said i was,nt going to post until july but this tread has caught my attention. I to take diazapam, 5mg but and i stress, only when i,m going on a long journey, i get stress out traveling on motorways. i last went to my g.p. in december for some and he gave me 5 tbls. I still have two left, this either means that i do not get out much, or that i,m finding other ways of dealing with my anxiety i hope it,s the latter.

Hi Hila,
    I,ve been on them for 3 yrs along with Cipralex.
    You know you're addicted when the dose you're on stops working and you have to increase it.Lots of people including me carry them with them "just in case".I'm fine as long as I know I've got them on hand.
    I'm driving 1000 klms tomorrow and will definately have them with me.I know I won't have to take any extra but I get reassurance just knowing I can if I have to.
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

OK - lets first establish I'm not medically trained.

You can become addicted to Diazepam in just 2 weeks.

Having said that your dose seems low, so IMHO I doubt it.

Krakers.

Angry Re: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Hi All

I am on Diazepam, 84 a month (gone down from over 100) on repeat and have been for the last 8 years.
    Now i am addicted to them in a big way, i was given them first for panic attacks, meant to be short term (2 weeks at most it says on leaflet).
    Now my dr just hands them over to me like sweets instead of helping me off them. I feel as though i need to go to a substance misuse place to be helped, but don't know how to go about it.

It's no joke, being on these tablets, and i would advise anybody to refuse them and ask for something else if offered.

Quote Originally Posted by nanny View Post
    Hi All

I am on Diazepam, 84 a month (gone down from over 100) on repeat and have been for the last 8 years.
    Now i am addicted to them in a big way, i was given them first for panic attacks, meant to be short term (2 weeks at most it says on leaflet).
    Now my dr just hands them over to me like sweets instead of helping me off them. I feel as though i need to go to a substance misuse place to be helped, but don't know how to go about it.

It's no joke, being on these tablets, and i would advise anybody to refuse them and ask for something else if offered.
    This is what I mean. Even if the dosage is very low, every GP is tempted to hand them out if you get on his nerves enough. I hope you know what I mean. I jused to run to my GP every week with my heartproblems and other various issues. After three weeks she had enough and gave me the Diazepam to shut me up!
    So it was down to me to get help and to find out what was wrong with me, which I am still doing!!!!

I would recommend a substance misuse place to be helped, as you said. I would look up the telephone book and just call. Maybe they can tell you something already on the phone.
    In Germany I could also go to a psychiatric clinic and they would help you with the slow writhdrawal and if required replace the Diazepam with and AD.

Good luck!
    Hila

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information