Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Re: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Frankie, your psychiatrist would have rote to your GP anyway, so couldnt you just go to the GP each month for your repeat? They did this with me too and becouse i wasnt getting many I used to keep them each month and they mounted up. I didnt think it was good at the time but when I look back it did get me off the habit as I was scared to take them and run out so saved them and when i got a big supply I had got used to not taking them and didnt want them anymore. Take care. Vernon

Thanks for advice, i shall look for some substance misuse place and see if they can help!!!
    lets hope so

Quote Originally Posted by nanny View Post
    Hi All

I am on Diazepam, 84 a month (gone down from over 100) on repeat and have been for the last 8 years.
    Now i am addicted to them in a big way, i was given them first for panic attacks, meant to be short term (2 weeks at most it says on leaflet).
    Now my dr just hands them over to me like sweets instead of helping me off them. I feel as though i need to go to a substance misuse place to be helped, but don't know how to go about it.

It's no joke, being on these tablets, and i would advise anybody to refuse them and ask for something else if offered.
    How many mg are your tabs?
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Unhappy Re: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Hi Phil
    I started off with 5mg tablets but am now on 2mg, but find myself taking more and more.
    When i run out and i have to wait for my monthly repeat a friend gives me them!!!!

I am so bad on them, i just want to get off.................

nanny x

Hi Nanny
    If you find yourself needing more then it's time to stop.
    Phill

Unhappy Re: Getting valium diazepam on repeat presciption

Hi Phil

Thats just what i want to do, but after 8 years how??
    I have spoken to the Dr about it and she's cutting me down slowly, it's not working tho as i'm taking more...........

Nanny

G'day Nanny
    I really don't know the answer to that one.My brother went thru detox to get off Xanax and they did that by giving him massive doses of diazepam but that obvoiusly wouldn't work for you.
    Maybe you could ask about detox for diazepam.
    I never thought about it til I saw your numbers but I'm taking 60 5mg/month.
    In my case it's a psychological dependance cause while I don't feel I need them I take them "Just in case"
    Phill

hi,
    i think they are being far too over cautious with you. its best not to use diazepam if you can as you could become addicted like me.i'm coming off it now and the withdrawel is hideious, lasting for weeks on only a small drop in dose.I wish i never took it in the first place but it seemed to be the only thing that helped.its good to keep diazepam about but use only when desperate.
    prism

My doctor would only let me have 10 2mg diazepam last month. This month she's put up my dose of cipralex to 20mg a day and given me 20 clonazepam or rivotril 0.5mg. The cipralex is making me feel really sick and i'm a little scared to take the other as all the info i find on it say's it's for epileptics. Has anyone else taken this stuff?

Hi Moff,
    I've been on Cipralex for 2 yrs now and I find it great.The first 3-4 weeks are a bit rough though.
    As for Diazepam - I was put on 90mg/day as a muscle relaxant when I broke my neck but I just stopped it cold turkey after about a year. That Dr really needed help prescribing that dose.
    Phill

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information