Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motor neuron disease

Re: Motor neuron disease

It's horrific feeling like this. All day today I've had right oressure all over left side of my face. Even opening my jaw to drink feels difficult. Feel unsteady on left side when walking. And this constant brain fog. Then the pressure around my left eye.

I am honestly terrified of what is wrong with me and feel that it's not going to be found as doctor's are fobbing me off. I just felt the neurologist last week didn't take me seriously. There defintely feels like something is oj g on with the nerves in my left side of face. I just don't know what to do any more.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    That made me laugh!

LE, my left leg is noticeably thinner than my right. You can visibly see the difference when I wear skinny jeans (which is every single day). This is completely normal and I'd guess pretty common, especially if you're right side is you're dominant side.

When I smile one side of my mouth is higher than the other, I also have one upper eyelid droopier than the other. Both, as far as I am aware, normal.

We aren't meant to be symmetrical.

Hi yes my right side is my dominant side. It just that when I look back at pictures say a few years ago my face isn't doing it there. I don't know if it just changes with age right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LE View Post
    It's horrific feeling like this. All day today I've had right oressure all over left side of my face. Even opening my jaw to drink feels difficult. Feel unsteady on left side when walking. And this constant brain fog. Then the pressure around my left eye.

I am honestly terrified of what is wrong with me and feel that it's not going to be found as doctor's are fobbing me off. I just felt the neurologist last week didn't take me seriously. There defintely feels like something is oj g on with the nerves in my left side of face. I just don't know what to do any more.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Hi yes my right side is my dominant side. It just that when I look back at pictures say a few years ago my face isn't doing it there. I don't know if it just changes with age right enough.
    I don't know how old you are, but I'm 28 now and my upper eyelid for definite never used to droop this way. It's not massive or anything, but is noticeable if you are looking out for it. I would imagine things like this can happen as we get older.

I'm 36. This all started with me noticing one eye brow is lower down. Was convinced something awful but then found photos from 16 years ago and was same then! I've just never noticed. Now though all this pressure on my face is terrifying me. I want to believe it's just anxiety but it's so hard as it's defintely there.

Colicab and Nancy when my anxiety was at its worst I would come here just to read rlr's posts. They always calmed me down. He had a forum too and heaven after he passed away I would go and read it. The forum is inaccessible now. However Terry thinks there might be a way to get it back. So if anyone has those skills this the web address

palps.chemicalforums.com

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

I did not type heaven I typed even
    Stupid bloody iphone

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Oh and I'm not sure he has passed away either but he would be in his late 90s now so it can reasonably be assumed.

very odd the word heaven inserting itself in that part of my post hey? Maybe divine intervention. lol.

Sometimes you have to laugh. It helps relieve tension. It really does.

I tried searching for RLR posts but can't seem to get them?

Go to a search and click on advanced search. In user name type RLR. That works.

He talked a lot about MND but I can't remember if it was here or on his own forum. I do remember him saying that almost all incidents of MND start with trip and fall accidents. So the individual just trips and falls for no reason. Or the individual might be holding a cup and it just falls out of his or her hand for no reason. He said it is a disease that progresses rapidly and there are no good days and bad days. It just gets worse because the nerves are dying and it is a process that is irreversible. You do not have MND. I thought I had it so I read his posts on it very carefully. Your "symptoms" sound nothing like MND but they do sound exactly like health anxiety. Search the site for MND or ALS and you will conclude that it is common for HA sufferers to fear they have it. Just as they fear brain tumours, MS, heart disease and cancer of any part of the body.

Now I am freaking out!

I've woken up twice past couple of nights drooling in to my pillow. I also when drinking from a can of juice dribbled a bit. I am so terrified I have all the signs of als.

Does anyone know whether this is how it happens?

When did you first fall over?

Surely everyone dribbles on their pillow? ?

Hi

I haven't fallen over as such just felt my foot dragged when uneven surface first time it happens a few weeks ago.

The other thing that has happened isninfeel incant sneeze! The feeling comes over me like it's about to happen but then it goes away before I get the achoo part!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information