Thread: Chest Xray results HELP

Unhappy Chest Xray results HELP

Three weeks ago I went to see my doctor after a few weeks of feeling breathless/having a cough. I've had sinus problems recently so not sure if this can cause my symptoms? I still have a bit of a cough. Anyway when I went to the doctors he sent me for a chest xray which I went for the following week and they told me 7-10 days for the results.

A week later I went back to my doctor and he still didn't have the results. He said no news is good news and I probably would have been contacted by now if it was anything serious but I've rang up my doctors all week and still no results back.

Yesterday I rang the xray department at the hospital and they said there's been a delay and no report back on my xray yet. it's been over two weeks since I had the xray!!!

I'm so worried and anxious and haven't been sleeping properly. Convinced I have lymphoma as a few months ago I found a few swollen nodes in my groin. I saw the doctors about this and he diagnosed me with shingles as I had a weird straight line of blisters on my right knee, a tingling feeling and knee and hip pain. The blisters have healed now and left horrible purple scars but I still sometimes get pain. He said this is normal with shingles and this would explain the swollen nodes in the right side of my groin (they still havent gone down). Two different doctors have examined them and said they feel shotty. Obviously I didn't believe them because I'm convinced I have lymphoma, especially since breathlessness and a cough are also symptoms.

I've continuously been pressing my neck area too and now have noticed a few lymph nodes in my neck. I've constantly been pressing them and I think this has made them worse.

I'm just so worried about lymphoma and the fact that my chest xray is probably abnormal and that's why they're taking so long. I'm so tired of all this worry :(

Question: my doctor said if my chest xray comes back clear then there's probably nothing to worry about (he knows my lymphoma fears; I've had regular bloods and ESR and CRP levels tested - everything normal, lymphocyte count normal etcetc) but I don't believe him? Can I put my mind at rest if my xray comes back clear? Should I ask for an ultrasound on the nodes in my groin? I just hate that this is my favourite time of year and I can't enjoy it because of all these fears!!!

On top of all this my stepdad has just been given the news that his cancer is terminal and even with chemo his prognosis is 3-12 months. I'm devastated. And my best friend recently relapsed with her lymphoma :(

Any reassurance would be nice but please be honest. I'm still so convinced I have lymphoma and they're leaving it so long and it's probably spreading and then it will be too late to do anything.

It really scares me that you can be diagnosed with cancer just like that and your whole world can change. I can't live with this fear for much longer. It might sound dramatic but it really is running my life. I can't do normal things like drive, keep up a conversation etc because my mind is always on the "What if you have lymphoma" worry

Re: Chest Xray results HELP

I very much doubt any reassurance on here will help, if the medical experts can't convince you then us fellow anxiety suffers probably can't either. I would have thought that lymphoma would definitely show in blood results. But I recall all too well how no test is ever good enough.

Am really sorry to read about your step dad.

Have you done any self care steps to address the anxiety?

Re: Chest Xray results HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post
    I very much doubt any reassurance on here will help, if the medical experts can't convince you then us fellow anxiety suffers probably can't either. I would have thought that lymphoma would definitely show in blood results. But I recall all too well how no test is ever good enough.

Am really sorry to read about your step dad.

Have you done any self care steps to address the anxiety?
    I haven't. I'm currently in therapy but that is for my anorexia.. however my therapist has spoke about maybe putting me on medication for my anxiety? Not sure if they would help... I came off antidepressants last year but I am willing to give anything a go if it helps to stop me feeling so bad all the time

Thread Information