Thread: 11 days on prozac, unquenchable thirst

11 days on prozac, unquenchable thirst

Hello everyone, I posted on here recently and didn't get any replies but I'm very scared and hoping someone can help me out this time. I have been on prozac for almost 2 weeks and suddenly (starting yesterday and continuing all day up to now) I got very thirsty and no matter how much water I drink it will not go away. I have been drinking so much water my pee is literally clear so I know it isn't dehydration. Its an awful feeling and will not subside no matter what I do. I also keep getting hot flashes that make me sweat and strange unexplained low grade fevers of like 99.5 F. Could this be a side effect of fluoxetine? Or is something really wrong with me? I got on this medication because I am having a rabies scare that is making my anxiety so bad I was nearly hospitalized because they saw me as a danger to myself. I can't stop thinking its rabies or something deadly so it would really be nice to know if this could be caused by the prozac and if side effects can even happen this early on.

Re: 11 days on prozac, unquenchable thirst

Hi side effects from meds can start as soon as you start taking it so it could quite possibly be the meds. I get night sweats from Prozac.

My experience with these meds is they can give you a really dry mouth. But anxiety can also give you a dry mouth. So combine the meds and the extra anxiety when starting out and that will be what's happening. Hopefully it will settle down. It's horrible isn't it? Also the meds can raise your body temp, it's normal for them.

I agree with what Shazamataz said. I myself experienced dry mouth and eyes and simply drank water and used eye drops. The dry mouth has gone away after a few days! The rise in body temperature is normal as well, I have this side effect as well and I generally get really warm when I have a panic attack so I have learned to simply ride it out and do things to cool me down. It is all normal.

Thread Information