Thread: Nortriptyline - Experiences For GAD

Nortriptyline - Experiences For GAD

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this med and has it helped to reduce your anxiety? Thanks in advance...Tracy

Re: Nortriptyline - Experiences For GAD

Sorry sweetie I have heard of it, but dont know much about it.

I think it can help for some people. Are you still having no relief?

Hi Shaz! Yes, they pushed the Sertraline up to 200 and Mirtazapine up to 30, it made no difference, in fact it made me feel worse. Now they have reduced the Sertraline to 150mg and want me to cold turkey the Mirtazapine tonight (I have asked to speak to the doctor about this). I have been started on Nortriptyline today 25mg two times daily. If this fails I am being booked in for ECT on Monday of next week. I have been in the psychiatric hospital. This is my third week. I just want to get better and go home.

How have you been feeling?

Gosh, you've really been through the mill, so sorry to hear that. Were you able to go private? I worry about all the med changes as they take a while to settle but good you are in a safe place where you don't have to deal with day to day stuff. Is the ECT for anxiety?

I'm doing well regarding the anxiety but suffering quite badly with the Chronic Fatigue. Not surprising after the year I've had. I've tapered off the Mirt and felt no difference in the anxiety but it may be contributing to the fatigue as not sleeping great. Doing harder/longer walks with the dogs and feeling fitter and have lost a couple of those extra kg which is encouraging. Zico (my retriever) caught a rabbit on our walk today! Never thought he was fast or clever enough. He was very pleased with himself

Hope to hear you are on the mend soon

xx

Hi Shaz! Glad that the anxiety is going well, although it would be great if chronic fatigue wasn't an issue. The changing meds and anxiety associated with it sure do take there toll. Glad you are still getting out with the dogs. Zico must be super quick to catch a rabbit. Did you have it for dinner

I have decided to proceed with the ECT, I'm not getting any better on the medication. Once I have had that done, we will reduce down the medications and I will probably just stay on Nortriptyline. I'm shitting myself, but I think it is the best decision. I have to have a brain scan tomorrow and if that all goes well, then I will have my first session on Thursday. The psych thinks I have anxious depression. At this stage I'm willing to give anything a go, so I can get back to living.

I am in a private hospital, I had to pay for 9 days as a non insured patient and then my health cover kicked in.

Glad to hear everything is going in the right direction for you. Give you doggies a cuddle from me. I have seen s few of the pics you have posted on other threads and the dogs are so beautiful and you have a great eye as a photographer.

Xx

I really hope you feel better Tracy, you are such an amazing person and friend. ECT is not what people think it is anymore. Its not brutal or anything like that, Worst is the headache after and that can be managed with Tylenol

Fingers and toes crossed for you that the ECT helps! xo

Thread Information