Thread: Microscopic blood in urine x3

Microscopic blood in urine x3

This is my first time posting so bear with me!
    I have suffered from HA for many years I think it started when my youngest daughter was born and has additional needs. She relies heavily on me to help her with all aspects of life, she'll always live with us and I'm terrified I won't be around for her.
    Three weeks ago I went to A&E feeling really ill...it transpired I had a UTI that was symptomless. I was given a weeks antibiotics. A week later urine clear of bugs but still microscopic traces of blood. The same again a week later, and again 4 days later but my period was due. It's now 4days after my period has finished and I need to do another sample. The doc was very kind and understood my anxiety. He said if this one wasn't clear he'd refer me for a scan and cystoscopy. I'm so scared to do it. I have since bought (stupidly I know) self dipstick tests which all (with my very untrained eye) still say blood.
    I feel completely lost and can't concentrate on anything. Any advice would be great. Thanks for listening.

Re: Microscopic blood in urine x3

It is very common for some people to have blood in the urine all the time - I do.

It can be caused by tiny kidney stones (which I also have) yet I did not even know I had them until I had a scan. I also had a cystoscopy.

Nothing else sinister was found.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your reply. It must be a relatively new thing for me as I've had loads of tests but never this problem. I'm sure you know how your mind can work in overdrive! It's awful...I'm obsessing with checking every time when I kind of know every time won't be accurate.

My doctor also told me that some people ALWAYS have traces of blood in their urine and it can be normal for those people with no underlying health conditions to cause it.

It could be nothing at all with yours or could be something similar to me but you won't know unless you get the scans etc which is down to your doctor really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I ALWAYS have microscopic traces of blood in my urine, and protein. Had ultrasounds, CT scans, cystoscopies (camera in bladder) all sorts of tests and all clear.
    Consultant said just one of those things, some people have it for no reason.

I am going through the same thing, blood in urine but no infection. I am being referred to a urologist but my anxiety is sky high. I have been to the drs this morning and she said it could be a hundred things and i need to stop googling and get my anxiety under control.

It's awful...making me feel sick just thinking about it all. My doctor said the same, out of 50 people they send 49 will have nothing but they send people for the one that has. I still never feel reassured though. Hope all goes ok for you.

I know me too, I am never reassured. Let me know how you get on.

Did you get to bottom of this ? I have same thing .

Thread Information