Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electroconvulsive Therapy - My Story

Re: Electroconvulsive Therapy - My Story

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Great to hear things are looking up
    Thanks Elen and Phil! You have no idea how thankful I feel to be back to some type of normal me.

I had a bit of a scare last night, the Nortriptyline is a tricylic and they are known for causing cardiac problems. My resting heart rate is usually high 50's, low 60s. Last night it was 90 and really pounding. I finally got in touch with the psych and she told me, they aren't usually worried until your pulse goes over 120bpm. It has gone down today to 70. It is just a 'not right' feeling when your sitting on the couch relaxing and your heart feels like it's beating out of your chest. I really feel that this medication is working for me so I'm hesitant to change it, especially with everything I've been through and trying so many medications already. In saying that, any heart problems can be serious. So I will keep an eye on it and I think if it goes over 100 while at rest then I will need to reconsider if I want to keep taking it. Overall, mood is still great and I'm looking forward to a week away at Kingscliff with the family. I can safely say that 2016 has been the worst year of my life and I'm looking forward to a fresh start in 2017.

I can relate to the heart beat thing.
    I've been "blessed" with being conscious of mine all my life.
    It gets scary sometimes.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid16 View Post
    Still happy with my progress, it could be better, but it has been much worse before, so I am grateful to be able to live as normally as I can at the moment. I get really tired because of all the medication (9 pills at night and 3 in the morning). I find if I have a rest, I can't sleep, but just lay down for 1/2 hour, than I am able to get up and keep going until bed time. I have started to stack on the weight, but am trying not to let it bother me at the moment. The anxiety is hardly there any more (because of all the medications), but my attitude had changed also. I don't worry about every little thing at he moment. I use to think 'I'm on too many medications and I don't want to take what the doc had prescribed', now I think if it helps me to live a normal life than so be it. It's not like I abuse drugs, they are prescription and just like anyone else who has an illness needs medication, than so do I. Lots of people have comments that I look like I have got some of my spark back and look the best I have in months, so I must be on the right path. I know it will suck when I eventually have to come off some of these pills. But I will worry about that when the time comes. Right now I'm just happy to get through each day without tears and dread and feeling like shit.
    So glad you feeling better.

Hi Karina! A meet up sounds great. We will see what we can organise when we get back. How did your Christmas go?

We had a pretty good day. Picked the kids up from our exes about lunch time and then came home and the kids opened their presents. Then we went over to my mums for dinner. I was a little nervous because I had to drive our family home because Gary had been drinking, but I was fine. Went to the Boxing Day sales today, was a little nervous again, but it didn't stop me from shopping with the kids. I stayed at home with my daughter this afternoon and again I was okay. I'm certainly able to do a lot more than I use to be able to do, so I know that I have improved. The anxiety is still there but I can go with it and not let it overwhelm me. I even found myself encouraging the anxiety to come when I was at home on my own. Still a way to go until I'm anywhere close to beating this, but I at least feel like I've got a chance in the fight now. We head off for a holiday on the 28th so am really looking forward to getting away and relaxing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information