Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CITALOPRAM 20MG

CITALOPRAM 20MG

I went back to the doctors today and she prescribed me citalopram 20mg 1 tab per day, can anyone who has taken these give me there experience of taking them and anyone who can give me details of what they do and any side effects thanks

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi Sarah

These tablets are SSRI's - selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors - they block the re-absorption of serotonin back in the brain therefore giving you more happy juice to play with.

They have a number of side effects to begin with which a lot of people experience but don't worry they will wear off. Most common effects are increased panic, fatigue and nausea and these ususally last around a week, therefore it is useful to have a supply of diazepam/valium to take concurrently for a week or so. My biggest tip would be to take these in the morning as they can stop you sleeping at night and gave me super weird dreams!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Hi Sarah Jane

I am on citalopram and i started of on 20 mg but started myself really gradually as on other tablets for anxiety i suffered severe side effects and i had take that drug about 3 years ago and gave up after 10 days as felt worse but was on about 30 mg to start of with.

I started by taking 5mg then after a couple of days 10 mgs then was up to 20mg within a week and felt no side affects doing it like that.

They have helped a lot of people i know. They do take time to work but that is all part of our illness. I hope they give you some help and pleased bare with any side affects as they do wear of.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sarah-Jane

I am just collating all the posts on this medication into one reply so please watch this space as they say .....

Nicola

Thank you everyone for your replies, it has given me a bit more courage to now start taking them i will start on them tomorrow doc also gave me some diazapam as a back up ...i just hope they sort me out. I have had a better couple of days since sunday i have the tight feeling in my chest and panicy feeling comming over me but (TOUCH WOOD) have not gone into a full blown panic attack, i have been either feeling really tired and sleeping loads or find that im wide awake and hyper my god i was up till 3am this morning ironing till i sat down almost falling asleep so went to bed but god i got to sleep right away which hasnt happened for a long time now.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi Sarah Jane

A positive start, just give yourself time and the tablets.

Good luck and here if you need to talk.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Sarah-Jane

I hope you are doing ok after your first tablet..im sure you are!
    I too am on Citalopram ...30mg.
    After living life as a hermit (lol) I am now pretty much back to normal. The meds will sort you out in the short term while you deal with whatever pressures caused the panic in the first place.
    Im glad you got to sleep straight away, that was one of my problems too, was always awake at all hours.

take care
    love Sarah
    xx

Hi Sarah Jane

Hope you have a good weekend, will be in touch when i get back.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

hi sj
    im on cialopram 60mg it has changed my life after years of trying sssssoooo many other tabs- i had the usual when i started them - tight band around my head - abit of a dry mouth which went after about a week - good luck on them hun
    love david

Been feeling very tired and falling asleep at the drop of a hat i know i wanted to rest more and be able to sleep but this is rediculous lol

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information