Thread: 20mg - Is it too much??

20mg - Is it too much??

Can anyone tell me of a time where the Lexapro dose was "too much" and what made you think it was too much? I am currently on 20mg and while I do feel better from 3 months ago, I think the drug is also having negative side effects such as dizziness and brain fog--how would I know though?

Re: 20mg - Is it too much??

have you been on the 20 mg 3 months or just recently upped to 20? 20 was my ideal dose but it's normal to have symptoms when you increase that will go away.

I've been on 20 for about 3 months now. I feel really dizzy still and just generally weird. I was on 10mg for 2 years about 3 years ago and then my anxiety came back so bad my dr recommended 20 and I just went straight on it. It's been exactly 3 months.

I've been on 20 mg Escitalopram for 2 weeks now, and I'm only feeling the benefits. It's the maximum dosage, as my therapist says. However, it's not working perfectly for me as I should not be still getting panic attacks on them, so I might need to change medication (yet again..). :(
    I suggest you talk to your doctor about these side-effects, and please make sure that something else isn't causing them. It's very tempting to blame everything on the medication, especially because reading about side-effects is so very scary!

You'll need to stick with it for at least 6 to 8 weeks for any side effects to start subsiding. I experienced increased panic and anxiety for about 5 weeks and was due to quit but I kept on it and now 10/11 weeks in I feel so much better.

Thanks for replying everyone. After 10 weeks do you still have anxiety symptoms? It's been 3 months on 20mg and I still have hot and cold sensations and tingling here and there but I'm not anxious anymore nor have I had a severe panic attack in 2 months. I know medication isn't just a quick fix but I'm hoping after 3-5 months and some yoga, most symptoms should go away?

According to my therapist, you shouldn't still be having panic attacks on a high(er) dose of Escitalopram, so it definitely seems like you're on the right path with the medication. By comparison, tingling sensations and a bit of anxiety aren't that bad, are they? The pay off is much higher: no bad panic attacks!

12 weeks in I feel great and all side effects gone.

I'm very pleased for you, Colin!

Thanks all! I am feeling better now that I've been on it for 3 months. Definitely no more panic attacks. I am still getting these tingly feelings in my legs though and throughout my body. I got a massage and they actually went away for a few weeks and now they're back. Has anyone ever experienced this long term?

Thread Information