Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you accept dpdr?

Re: How do you accept dpdr?

That might just be light-headnedness that's unrelated to anxiety. Could just be low blood pressure or simply exhaustion. I think sport definitely helps with stress and anxiety, plus it makes you feel happier and healthier. I work out 5 times a week, quite vigorously at times, and it's helped me feel a lot better.

Also one weird thing I remember. Some 2 years ago I used this breathing machine that mixes air with salt water and is said to help breathing and clear lungs. After breathing that, I also had a DPDR episode that lasted for about 30 min. Sounds quite weird.

I doubt that's related to the anxiety attack. Could have just been coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    I doubt that's related to the anxiety attack. Could have just been coincidental.
    Yeah I did not have any anxiety. Also I remeber when I was a kid and used to play all these chasing games dpdr would sometimes pop in for me, but I guess it is due to adrenaline.

Actually, I remember having the same sensations as a kid, but perhaps those were just physical triggers (adrenaline, shortness of breath, heart racing) for a mental issue that was to manifest though those same sensations later on in life. I think teaching your brain to differentiate between 'good' excitement (exercise) and 'bad' excitement (panic) is what will make you enjoy physical activity.

Went to school today (haven't gone ever since this started) and I felt normal. DPDR actually disappeared for a sec when started talking to friends. It's actually better for me to be in social circumstances as I forget about dpdr.
    Also I can't seem to accept the fact that this is just anxiety and get anxious from time to time. Anyone got any suggestions?

The fact that it goes away when you're with your friends is proof that it is only anxiety as, if it were something serious, it wouldn't go away no matter where you are and who you're with.
    I do see what you mean, though, and I've been suffering with acceptance, too. Perhaps repeating it to yourself ('it's just anxiety; I'm ok') will eventually make the message sink in.

I kinda get motivated for like 5 min after reading a positive recovery story and then believe that I can live happily even if in dpdr state, but then a bad thought pops in saying that you cannot be happy when there's anxiety present.

I know how you feel. Anxiety makes you feel angry, frustrated, upset with yourself, and very low and sad. The thing is, anxiety is a feeling, not your default mode. Even if it never goes from your life, so long as it's manageable, I'd say you can lead a happy existence with low to moderate anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    I know how you feel. Anxiety makes you feel angry, frustrated, upset with yourself, and very low and sad. The thing is, anxiety is a feeling, not your default mode. Even if it never goes from your life, so long as it's manageable, I'd say you can lead a happy existence with low to moderate anxiety.
    Yea I kinda know. I've been living all my life with some anxiety, like being really anxious sometimes. What scares me is never getting out of his dpdr state when everythings weird and unfamiliar.
    I still have good and bad days.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information