Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game problems

Re: Game problems

Blimey what a lot of fuss over a game.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Blimey what a lot of fuss over a game.
    This is NOT a game! Oh hang on a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by mike83 View Post
    You haven't heard of Windows Vista? It was an OS almost everyone hated! I'm playing it on Chrome on PC and it doesn't seem to have a "solve puzzle" button. I don't understand it really I can't seem to lose? I can just keep going until I can guess the answer, even bankrupt doesn't end the game. I forgot there were even games here.
    Now you put Windows in front yes I have Soz LOL I noticed that too you can continue playing even when (like Mike says) even when you have no money left?? Very strange

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I would have been running IE at the time. I did install Firefox and Chrome as the forum as struggling with IE so it may have been those too. I didn't give it much thought though as I knew two other games didn't work at all so assumed it was the game.

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Yes, that's it. My mistake. The game allows submit at the end but there is no way to guess the answer as it insists you play each one to the end. I think I recall it even makes you play until each letter has been picked even if the puzzle has been filled.

So, maybe it was built incorrectly?
    Or within the constraits of the forum software ( mind you it's a big forum) Does NMP Tech build the games or is it Vbulletin?

The games come from elsewhere as far as I know.

One of the pool ones has been bust for ages. The Texas Hold 'Em one is too but there is a trick in there to get yourself at the top of the leader board with no effort...just click fast!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The games come from elsewhere as far as I know.

One of the pool ones has been bust for ages. The Texas Hold 'Em one is too but there is a trick in there to get yourself at the top of the leader board with no effort...just click fast!
    So probably any maintainence is via the providers of the games and not NMP. Iam not sure why Flash is still used as it's a very dated codec in some respects and can have lots of bugs in it. For Eg so I am told You Tube used to be based on Flash but now uses HTML 5 which is a lot more secure and reliable And another site when I had my Android Set Top box used various apps for catch up Tv well there was a problem via the BBC Iplayer app which meant I couldn't use it so thought ok lets try the website I didn't expect it to work as the ITV Hub and ALL 4 etc still use Flash on their websites (catch up tv) well BBc Iplayer's website doesn't use flash instead its HTML 5 So my point is can HTML 5 be used for games?

I really don't know much about the games. They were installed over 5 years ago (or more) but I can't even remember where we downloaded them from.

We will just have to see what is available when we upgrade the forum and take it from there.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Android OS don't work due to the Flash codec being used but that's not the problem as I now have a Intel compute Stick on Windows 8.1 so flash is installed loving the Pac man a old retro game this works well. The game I am having problems is: Wheel Of Fortune If you want to solve the puzzle I cant see a solve it icon or button Am I missing something on the screen? Also is NMP looking for new suggestions for games if so why not another classic like Space Invaders? Just a thought and thank you
    Space invaders is already on here.

Space invaders is already on here.
    Brill Thanks hope that will stay on the forum when the upgrade takes place? Any rough idea when the upgrade is happening and will there be down time on NMP? Thanks again

I really don't know what is happening with it all at the moment to be honest - it is dependent on me testing it and then Alex upgrading it all.

Yes there will be downtime at some point.

We will keep members informed I promise.

I really don't know what is happening with it all at the moment to be honest - it is dependent on me testing it and then Alex upgrading it all.

Yes there will be downtime at some point.

We will keep members informed I promise.
    Ok that sounds good, just hope I won't have to upgrade my device again as I have only just bought it and if you need any spec details please just ask!! (Also will the upgrade be tested on a few browsers or just a specific one?) as this is a great forum thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information