Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cystoscopy.

cystoscopy.

Anyone had one of these? My hospital has rang to arrange one in 2 weeks and a scan next week and i am freaking out now that they must think it's serious. I thought i would just get a scan and that would be it.

Re: cystoscopy.

Hi there
    I had one of these done a few years ago. Apparently this is the only way to get a good look at the inside of the bladder, a scan alone won't show this. Having this done doesn't mean they are looking for anything serious, it just helps them identify why you might be having any symptoms.
    Hope this helps. S

Hi Zippy. I had one of these last week. If you look I have made several posts freaking out about my bladder problems and fearing the worst! So I went privately to see a uro and was told that he may do all the tests at the appointment if he thought they were needed. Indeed he did urineanalysis abdominal US and cystoscopy all within about 1 and 1/2 hrs and I got the results there and then which was a great comfort. Please please dont worry about the cystoscopy. It was probably the most uneventful test I have ever had. It takes not even 5 mins and I felt no pain at all. Its weird, admittedly but not at all painful and they put a little anaesthitic gel in the opening so you dont feel the little tube. They will probably give you 1 dose of antibiotic to cover for any infections and afterwards you feel like you need to pee which you do because they put some water in there so they can see properly. Then for about 2 hrs afterwards I felt like i needed to pee when i didnt but I just ignored it and drank and drank so when i did go it wasnt at all painful. Then I felt pretty normal and the next couple of days my bladder felt better than ever. I have a narrow urethra so the slight stretching may have given me comfort. I have to go back now for a dilation, but that will be under general anaesthetic.

Dont worry yourself, the staff take really good care of you and it is so quick and painless. Best of luck!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm in the same boat. I have a CT scheduled next Friday and then a followup with a cystoscopy (if the ct comes back normal) the following Monday. I don't know how I'm going to stay sane that weekend.

Did you have blood in your urine?

it is normal to get the scan and a cystoscopy - I had both in October.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was worrying that I had both already scheduled too. I thought they would have maybe just tested my urine again in a couple of weeks, they only tested it the once x

Did you have any pains?

No pain when urinating or anything. Just an upper back ache that the dr said was too high for kidneys and seemed more muscular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information