Thread: Bump on Uvula (hangy thing in throat)

Bump on Uvula (hangy thing in throat)

So I saw my ENT doctor yesterday because one of my tonsils is larger than the other. He wasn't worried but advised me to have them out. So I relaxed mostly but scheduled the surgery for December 28th. I came home and decided to look to see if maybe it was looking better, its not. Anyway, during my examination I noticed I have this pimple looking bump on the back of my uvula (the hangy thing in your throat) UGGGH! Now I'm freaking out. What the heck is that? I'm sure you can imagine where my mind has gone. I'm 32 years old, female, never smoked and I do not drink at all. If that helps.

Re: Bump on Uvula (hangy thing in throat)

All I can say is if it were of concern, the doctor would have said something. Stop looking inside your mouth and enjoy the holidays.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had that. it was there for a week or so and so I went to the dr to get it looked at. I had a random grumpy dr who said it didn't look like much of anything. they got a swab from it which wasn't fun.. sent I off.. and it wasn't much of anything.

I think it went away at some point. I forgot about it

Quote Originally Posted by skymaid View Post
    I had that. it was there for a week or so and so I went to the dr to get it looked at. I had a random grumpy dr who said it didn't look like much of anything. they got a swab from it which wasn't fun.. sent I off.. and it wasn't much of anything.

I think it went away at some point. I forgot about it
    Good to know! I did just get over a bout of viral tonsillitis so I was wondering if it could be related maybe?

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    All I can say is if it were of concern, the doctor would have said something. Stop looking inside your mouth and enjoy the holidays.

Positive thoughts
    Maybe he didn't see it? I didn't know it was there when I went. I saw it last night. Otherwise I would've pointed it out. Its kinda hard to see really because its on the back facing my throat.

Ok... I give...

I would suggest you enjoy your holiday. Having your tonsils out as an adult is no picnic. Been there, done that twice! (palatine and lingual tonsils).

Check out http://tonsillectomyrecovery.com/ so you know what to expect.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yea I'm not looking forward to it, at all. Thank you, you too!

Thread Information