Thread: Feel strange.

Feel strange.

How can you stop this feeling odd and strange, like not yourself. My heads awful and constantly foggy and i feel like i am swaying on a boat constantly. I feel in a dream world and everything seems strange and scary. I have done this to myself again with worrying while waiting for tests and googling. I feel on the edge of crying all day long. I have been here before but when your in it you feel like it's impossible to climb back out.

Re: Feel strange.

Hi!
    I was in the same place just 4 days ago, feeling like everything is odd and had these really bad vibes and bad thoughts. It's normal for dpdr. You need to stop worrying about that. What worked for me is simply talking to my family and booking a therapist, which gave me hope and better feelings. Once you truly believe you will get better, you will start thinking more positively and these bad and odd feelings will slowly fade.

It's just classic depersonalisation, what you're experiencing. I often feel like I'm in a dream, that I'm not real, that my limbs don't belong to me, etc. etc. It's very unsettling. Anti-psychotics used to help me with these symptoms.

I am already on fluoxetine, have been for 3 yrs or so.

What kind of a medication is that, sorry? I'm unfamiliar with it. Has it not helped you at all in 3 years?

It's an anti depressant and yes it has helped until now. My anxiety has rocketed waiting for tests and googling again.

It could be just a temporary setback, like you say, because of what's currently happening. Anti-depressants generally work very well for anxiety, so I would trust in them and try and remind yourself that it will pass.

Thread Information