So I was on Elavil for several months before I developed IBS. The Elavil on 10mg works great for my anxiety, but it doesn't help with my digestive problems at all. My doctor prescribed me Paxil a couple weeks ago and I had to go to the hospital the first time I took 20mg for what I believe to be serotonin syndrome. My eyes were dilated, I couldn't breathe and my heart was pounding. I went off of it for a couple weeks and started to develop neuropathy (I have severe anxiety) and it was producing so many problems I knew I had to go back on the medication

The Paxil cures my IBS every time I take it, but the side effects are killer! I took 20mg again and my heart rate went up, my eyes were dilated again and I felt like complete crap the next morning. I could hardly stand up. I slept for around 12 hours and when I woke up I couldn't get out of bed for 3 more. I'm happy about the IBS being gone whenever I take it, but the effects are hardcore. I have some samples of Buspar that my doctor wanted me to try after I told her the Paxil sucked, but I'm wondering if there's a certain amount of time I should wait before I start the buspar.

If anyone could provide input, please do so, my anxiety is quite literally killing me right now lol.