Thread: Single dose Propranolol & Alcohol

Single dose Propranolol & Alcohol

Hi everyone I'm new.

I am generally a paranoid and anxious person who suffers panic attacks although I do not take anything for this.
    BUT, when it comes to flying a have a full blown panic attack, can't breathe, crying uncontrollably, my hands go solid and I can't move them, the whole plane hears my panic and then start panicking During this time my life is going to end. Afterwards I can laugh about it luckily. I just an't comprehend that all is between us and the ground is 35000ft of air

I usually just drink plenty of vodka before a flight, but this flight is 10:30am and drinking that much that early will ruin the day. There are 2x 90 minute flights. The same flying home.
    I have read about and been recommended propranolol, which seems the best option, what would recommended dose be for this?
    There is no way I can take a xanax or similar, this type of drug will not mix ell with me I don't think and I don't want to be monged out for me trip!
    My question is, will it be OK to drink in the evening, around 7-8 hours after taking a single dose of propranolol for the flights? There will probably be quite a bit of drinking if I am honest and it will probably be vodka

I don't take any other meds (was on fluoxotine for about 7 years from age of 14 I think that probably added to my current state of mind! I'm now 28)
    Will this be OK? It is a 3 day trip I am extremely looking forward to apart from the flying, I want to get over the flights and enjoy the rest with no worries. So will I be safe to pop a propranolol in the morning and drink
    later that night?

Thanks in advance for any tips or personal experiences. I hope someone can help me out a bit. Maybe even recommend a different strategy or drug for the flight?

Re: Single dose Propranolol & Alcohol

I think it would be fine to drink in the evening after taking it in the morning. Just be a bit more careful coming back that you don't mix it with alcohol if your flight is later in the day.

Thread Information