Thread: Slippery slope

Slippery slope

Hi All,
    I first started getting panic attacks and anxiety in 2013 out of the blue but realised the reasons why as had had a bad year beforehand . It was terrifying at first but once I read about it and got some knowledge and also knew I wasn't the only one I found a way to come through it after a year or so. I did learn about mindfulness and changed my lifestyle which I feel made a huge difference. I remember thinking 'I am so glad that part of my life is over and I am back to my old self again'....and then yep you guessed it...just lately the feelings are returning....I feel fear the majority of the time but I don't know what I'm afraid of?! It's soooo exhausting and I can feel myself slipping back into the hole again, today I have decided I must pull myself together and try and get back on track! But tomorrow I have a meeting with my boss one on one and the fear of having a panic attack during this and me running out is consuming me...so I can't get this sorted by then but how do I get through this without my boss thinking I'm a fruit loop and sacking me :-((

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Amos and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Slippery slope

I'm the same at the moment. Anxiety and panic started 4 yrs ago. I came thru it using shear determination and distraction methods. My life was back!!
    Now I'm slipping off the rails again. I'm as anxious as he'll and having panic attacks every day. The dizziness is debilitating but I just can't seem to get to grips with it and get it under some sort of control.

Re: Slippery slope

Quote Originally Posted by Amos View Post
    today I have decided I must pull myself together and try and get back on track!
    I love hearing this. I'm in the same boat, and I remind myself regularly to try and make each day a bit better.

It's hard, but you've got to start sometime.

Thread Information